Storm flaps II

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie
Site Team
This is what seems to work for me.I replaced the wooden stick of the storm flap with 1/2" PVC,than built up the frame using 3, 90* elbows per side so that they swivel.In one of the photos # 3349 I turned the braces outside to show how they look folded up.Keep in mind they go under the flap when it's down.When you make these my way you must make sure the "small" section of pipe is only about 3" long,any longer and the side will not fold in as the lift panel gets in the way. The longer section is about 16" long,which allows the flap to be held open at a nice angle. Also I placed velcro on the pipes so they stick to the liner when top is lowered and to hold them in place when the flap is opened .I usually can open them without standing on the step stool.

They work nicely and just fold up into the liner so you don't have to find some place to carry the braces.

Frank

Attachments

• DSCN3347.jpg
    DSCN3347.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 296
  • DSCN3348.jpg
    DSCN3348.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 270
  • DSCN3349.jpg
    DSCN3349.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 298
  • DSCN3350.jpg
    DSCN3350.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 281
  • DSCN3351.jpg
    DSCN3351.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 228
Pretty slick... I haven't seen this one before.

This is what seems to work for me.I replaced the wooden stick of the storm flap with 1/2" PVC,than built up the frame using 3, 90* elbows per side so that they swivel.In one of the photos # 3349 I turned the braces outside to show how they look folded up.Keep in mind they go under the flap when it's down.When you make these my way you must make sure the "small" section of pipe is only about 3" long,any longer and the side will not fold in as the lift panel gets in the way. The longer section is about 16" long,which allows the flap to be held open at a nice angle. Also I placed velcro on the pipes so they stick to the liner when top is lowered and to hold them in place when the flap is opened .I usually can open them without standing on the step stool.

I hope this has been of some use .

Frank

Thanks Frank. Just showed this to the Lady. She said, "Project!" :)

It's such a simple setup,they stay stored ready to use no searching for parts.The pipes just slip together except for the elbow that goes with the tube through the flap .That one I have held together with little screws.I used the electrical pvc it was less expensive.It' so easy to setup just lift and twist,zip zap and they are up.

Frank

Back
Top Bottom