Tent off the back of a FWC?

Advmoto18

I didn't see anything like this from a vendor or in use at OX-West in May.

Has anyone seen anything like this??

car_tents_trailer_tents_cabin_tent_camping.jpg

I copied the picture from lulusoso.com. A Chinese company with contact info.

I see this as being a great garage for a motorcycle. Plus, the additional room is perfect for a bedroom for my black labs!

Probably not high enough to cover the top of the Hawk when popped, but if it cleared the top of the door, it would work for me!

I like it! Could be a mud room in wet conditions and shade in hot,... List goes on. It also reserves a first come campsite when out doing other things during the day with the truck. It would need to be compact and incorporate a little privacy room for the shower. Compact when folded would be key. Here is a business opportunity for someone.

I'd definitely consider something like that if I was going to camp in one spot for a long period of time.

I've never seen anything like it. There are plenty of motorcycle tents out there, but I've never seen any that connect to the vehicle as well, never mind giving the height needed. Best of luck finding one. Of course you could always go custom $$$.

I always bring a small tent with me. It is very handy for cleaning up camp when we leave for an adventure or just keeping items out of the way. ie. things like lawn chairs, axes, tarps, clothing. With dogs it would be an excellent item to have.

There was a guy in a FWC at Expo West that had a setup a little like this but I didn't get a picture of it. It just butted up to the camper as I recall, and didn't go over the top.

If I was going to get something like that, I'd like to have one that has mesh around it to keep the skeeters out (assuming you could make it skeeter-proof.

kmcintyre said:
If I was going to get something like that, I'd like to have one that has mesh around it to keep the skeeters out (assuming you could make it skeeter-proof.
I think you'd have to have a second room, like the OPs first post. It would be a bit difficult to skeeter proof the bumper down portion of the truck.

BTW the pricing on the green unit is $500. Ouch!

With the green unit I can't see how you could keep the back door open all the way either. I have the FWC rear awning and like it just fine for rain coverage and it's easy to deploy and take down.

Thanks for all the replies!

I've used a Redverz Atacama motorcycle tent. It's a great tent, well designed and manufactured. But, too big for my idea of a motorcycle tent/camping and too small for what I envision a good off the back of the FWC camper tent.

Garage style entry from both sides is a must IMO.

I've seen many of the commonly used car and truck tents at various rallies and expos.

I've even been on the lookout in Europe. Europeans vehicle camp in August in huge numbers. I've seen some amazing concepts and designs.

Still looking...

Back
Top Bottom