Tested the memory foam mattress this weekend

my wife an i have sort of the opposite experience with the 4" memory foam toppers... we ROAST! though as mentioned the temps in the pacific nw are fairly mild, with nights in the summer rarely dipping below 50. They are also quite the heavy items! We had one on our queen mattress inside our aliner EASE and it was a beast to move.

while doing research for a camper i came across the Froli Sleep System. only later did i find out that the XPCamer was utilizing the same set up. I think this would be an excellent alternative for a great night's sleep in any pop-up camper with a simple 4" mattress topper as the _only_ mattress.

while doing research for a camper i came across the Froli Sleep System. only later did i find out that the XPCamer was utilizing the same set up. I think this would be an excellent alternative for a great night's sleep in any pop-up camper with a simple 4" mattress topper as the _only_ mattress.

X 2 Thanks for the website. Pretty cool setup they have.
-Chris

For that price, $300+, they should send someone to sleep with me :love: :love:

Pretty sure you could get company for that price, but they've probably never been camping or even outdoors. I wanted to get out this weekend but with the weather including the 40 vehicle pile up on I80 I figured I might as well stay home.

my wife an i have sort of the opposite experience with the 4" memory foam toppers... we ROAST! though as mentioned the temps in the pacific nw are fairly mild, with nights in the summer rarely dipping below 50. They are also quite the heavy items! We had one on our queen mattress inside our aliner EASE and it was a beast to move.

I purchased the Froli to use in our Hawk. It made it difficult to secure top. Was more comfortable though.

Interesting topic, as sometime in the near future, I will come to be compelled to replace my dried and deteriorating be in my FWC.
I have heard a lot of people comment on cold beds. I do not experience that with mine. I will post a picture of the space below my bed. Maybe there is something missing, but I have a cavity that I filled with foam (not pictured)to the height of the aluminum frame. I then topped that with 1/4 inch fanfold which is used below vinyl siding on older homes. The wood under my bunk comes right down close to the roof of the cab also. Maybe warm air in the cab helps out.
Are most of your under bunk spaces look like this?

Attachments

• upper bed floor.JPG
    upper bed floor.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 245
Back
Top Bottom