Testing the repairs and playing in the snow

craig333

Riley's Human
The shop had my truck for ten days. They did cover the fuel pump under warranty, no questions asked and replaced the fuel pressure regulator. Between the repairs and the weather I've been stuck at home way too much. I wanted to climb a bit just to stress test the repairs and of course see the snow. Headed up towards Ice House Reservoir. Plenty of snow to play in. Road was bit icy but nothing unexpected, for me at least. I was warned of an accident blocking the road just past the turn off to Big Hill. CHP was on scene. The lady who slid her truck was playing in the snow with her kids while waiting for the tow truck. Seems another car also driving too fast for conditions slid into her truck. No injuries and I was happy no assistance from my part was required. I hate pulling cars out mostly for the lack of attachment points. Better to let the pros do those.

On up to Big Hill. Perfect weather and a gorgeous view.

There were two other vehicles up there enjoying the day.

Riley had a good time playing in the snow. I've yet to meet a dog that doesn't like snow!

Truck seems fine now. Time to plan my next trip.

Craig, it is great to have a reliable adventure mobile. Congratulations!

I forgot to grab my spikes before I left. Fortunately I had the Neos in the truck. Didn't slip once. Oddly enough they were easier to take off than put on.

Back
Top Bottom