The Acoustic Thread - What are you listening to?

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Thanks for this artist. We enjoy flamenco guitar.
This brings me back to the "Jazz Si" club in Barcelona where a lot of new and great players preform.
Frank
Did you see that you can fly Norweigan Air from LAX to BCN for under $400 RT !? Hard to pass up.

Ronin said:
Did you see that you can fly Norweigan Air from LAX to BCN for under $400 RT !? Hard to pass up.
Yes we did also Iberia fly's the same route and same $.
That's the flight we took for our last trip.
It's great to get on in Oakland and get off in Barcelona.
The food isn't much to write home about but most airline food if you get any isn't that great.
Although we usually get good food on the British/ Air/Air France flights but I will take the direct flight with lesser food.

I think the Iberia flight is actually better from what I have read.Either one gets you there just fine.
Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Yes we did also Iberia fly's the same route and same $.
That's the flight we took for our last trip.
It's great to get on in Oakland and get off in Barcelona.
The food isn't much to write home about but most airline food if you get any isn't that great.
Although we usually get good food on the British/ Air/Air France flights but I will take the direct flight with lesser food.

I think the Iberia flight is actually better from what I have read.Either one gets you there just fine.
Frank
Good to know about Iberia. We bring leak proof food storage containers and try to find good food to carry on. Airports are getting better at offering food from local eateries.

PaulT said:
Jay Ungar & Molly Mason are performing locally on April 21 at Pacific Universityhttps://www.pacificu.edu/arts/performing-arts-series
Got a flyer today.
Paul
I see they had Eric Tingstad and Nancy Rumbel there last November. If you haven’t been to one of their concerts, it’s well worth going. Thanks for the heads up on the PU events.

STAND BACK for the 'Yute'!!! Man did my heart good to see those youngings do their stuff. Thanks

Saw Kanekoa play last night in Grass Valley. Not exactly traditional acoustic Hawaiian music. Vince Esquire is such an amazing Uke player.

For the past 6 days of driving, about 2500 miles give or take, I've been listening to the bluegrass channel on satellite radio for some of those miles each day. "Bluegrass Junction" -- Channel 62 on S/XM.
I'm not a bluegrass aficionado, but I've been hearing lots of fine music. :)

(in fact, I've been listening enough that I'm starting to hear some repeats in Channel 62's playlist... :rolleyes: )

I never activated the satellite radio in my car until just before this trip -- figured it would be handy to have specific channels that would stay put across the country. (as a break from the thousands of songs in my iPod).

The Cold Missouri Waters has to be one of the saddest, but most beautiful songs I’ve ever heard. The young lady singing has a spectacular voice.

The Mann Gulch Fire was the subject of Norman Maclean's (A River Runs Through It) second book - Young Men and Fire

A friend of ours was a young boy living at Ninemile Station - his Dad was Ranger - when the young men doing cleanup around the station got the call to respond to the Mann Gulch Fire................and they never returned - a memory forever with him. He is now retired from his career in the USFS.

Thanks for posting the song.

Sad, but both well done and true. Thanks. I was never a full time fire fighter but like many in BLM/USFS, fighting fires was part of the job but I really respect those who did it full time as their way of life.

Smoke

Back
Top Bottom