The Acoustic Thread - What are you listening to?

Alas ladies and gentlemen, man does not live solely live on a diet of bluegrass & folk music.

Here's a little something to class things up a bit. Must be my Italian roots coming to blossom. :D

Went to Catalan Flamenco last night.What great guitar and dance.

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

Frank

What are we listing to? Well the Stones are playing a concert here in Barcelona and as it turns out
our apartment is close to the concert area and we can get a "small" hearing of them.
Who would have thunk it.
Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
What are we listing to? Well the Stones are playing a concert here in Barcelona and as it turns out
our apartment is close to the concert area and we can get a "small" hearing of them.
Who would have thunk it.
Frank
The Stones doing an acoustic set there, Frank? :unsure:
Must be mellowing in their old age... ;)

Well, unless Frank has a transducer on a head bone, he is hearing it acoustically. :p

All depends on one's point of view.

Paul

Well the music from our distance was just a low background noise.
It was just that sitting out on our terrace and that you could barely make them out.
It's about as close to them as I'll get.
Paul I like the "transducer" thing though.

Actually while we are hear we are listing to our local.station, KPIG
And they play a lot of "acoustical"

Frank

PS at my "geezer age" I might hear lots of things.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Well the music from our distance was just a low background noise.
It was just that sitting out on our terrace and that you could barely make them out.
It's about as close to them as I'll get.
Paul I like the "transducer" thing though.

Actually while we are hear we are listing to our local.station, KPIG
And they play a lot of "acoustical"

Frank

PS at my "geezer age" I might hear lots of things.
Be careful out there with all of the secession activity going on over there. Hopefully they don't go back to the Franco days!!

Wandering Sagebrush said:
A little dobro for the soul...
Beautiful! And that's a Weissenborn guitar. What is really cool is that they have a hollow neck (you can see how large it is) to make up for the lack of metal cones and dishes that amplify the sound on a resonator guitar. An original Weissenborn is hard to find but the name is now being used for this style of guitar.

And here is some one I love to listen too

https://vimeo.com/237489274

teledork said:
Beautiful! And that's a Weissenborn guitar. What is really cool is that they have a hollow neck (you can see how large it is) to make up for the lack of metal cones and dishes that amplify the sound on a resonator guitar. An original Weissenborn is hard to find but the name is now being used for this style of guitar.

And here is some one I love to listen too
Cindy Cashdollar plays a 1927 Koa wood Weissenborn. I think Ed is playing a Breedlove.

Well I just had a great half hour listening to wonderful stuff! Man where else but here ... people that appreciate a good tunes and a sun set in the middle of nowhere .... everybody smiling... nothing better. Keep'em coming! BTW... i'm sending these to everybody I like!........just found this one that is ....well ..

Back
Top Bottom