The "Eagle Model" will be discontinued on March 1st, 2016

Stan@FourWheel

Just thought I would post up a quick note to all the readers here on WanderTheWest.

As of March 1st, 2016 the “Eagle Model” will no longer be offered.

(The decision has been made to discontinue the Eagle Model, as well as the Eagle Shell Model, and we will stop taking new order as of March 1st, 2016)

The Fleet Model will be the direct replacement for any customers with a small or mid-sized truck.

As some of you might remember, last year we did the same sort of thing, we replaced the narrower Finch Model with the wider Swift Model. This transition went very smoothly once it rolled out.

So if you really have your heart set on ordering an Eagle Model in the near future, please make sure to get your order in before March 1st, 2016.

Thank You & Happy New Year !

:)

Stan Kennedy

:(
If anything were to happen to my Finch I'd want a replacement or an Eagle.
Will you be open to custom orders for the older narrow body models?

I bought an Eagle model in Spring of 2015 and I love it!
I looked at the Fleet, but I definitely wanted the slimmer profile of the Eagle. I just didn't want the camper to hang over the edges of the truck bed as much as the Fleet does - both for aesthetic and practical reasons (squeezing through trees on tight trails).
I am very sorry to see the Eagle go as an option, and doubly happy I got mine when I did!

Glad that I've got an Eagle on order! Not only the issue of extra width in your mirrors but also extra fuel consumption with 6" of flat box to catch the wind. And added weight. Ron

Very glad to hear the praise for the narrow body model. I'd hate to see FWC lose market share because other companies produce a slimmer profile camper. Sounds like we are all quite happy with our choice for a camper on a smaller pickup.

I also chose the Eagle for the narrowness of the camper, we go down lots of narrow roads with overhanging trees and rocks. I'd rather give up a little room to avoid major damage.

Just heard this morning that Jeep will offer a pickup based on the Wrangler, either a 2017 or 2018 model. Having had a couple Jeeps I can imagine the Eagle would be just about perfect. Most Wrangler folks keep it to one or two people per vehicle, and with an Eagle it would especially be the perfect solo rig. I don't know whether the new Jeep will be offered with a 5' or 6' bed, but either way, an FWC on the back of a Wrangler Rubicon would be t*ts.

Biased opinion as I own a 2011 Eagle... now on a 2001 Tacoma... soon to be on a new truck at present undecided. I love the Eagle. What i hear is that this model may be right for a lot that is coming down the road.... maybe FWC should be thinking on an Eagle II ...
It is so true about the narrower setup. I drive through forest roads that barely fit my set up.... and the thought of the Jeep Gladiator truck will tip a lot of scales. .... as well as the diesel model Colorado. Make it so FWC.

I know I'm hijacking a bit, but seems it would be easy to market the Eagle to the Jeep crowd, advertise it almost as a "kit." You could take an early production Jeep truck (when they first come out) so you could reverse engineer, contact a spring manufacturer that could make a set of springs specifically for the weight of an Eagle (with the most requested options) and sell an Eagle with upgraded springs to carry the appropriate weight. I bet for $250 you could sell the springs at a profit. Could be an "option" for the Eagle to have the proper springs come already for installation on the new Jeep. I'm probably over-excited about the new Jeep and just see opportunities that might not really be there.

It was nice to have the eagle option, but I love my fleet on my taco. That extra room makes all the difference, especially with the front dinet. I put the dodge style mirrors on (Ebay) and they work great for seeing around the camper. Fold them up and down if needed and no issues with vibration. $150 mod and less than 45 minutes to install, then sell your old mirrors on ebay and darn near break even on cost. I can see where the smaller profile and a few extra pounds lighter would make sense for some, but if it isn't selling….

I can see the extra width for the front dinette and do like that floor plan. I'd like to see the mirrors you speak of. Ron

Another vote for the hawk. I have the front dinette and like the extra space. I use the regular mirrors and have pretty good vision on the sides, also use the rear view mirror to see straight out the back. Have remounted the backup camera from the tailgate to the camper. With slightly oversized tires (285/70x17} the hawk doesn't extend past them.

Back
Top Bottom