The Fire Evacuation Adventure - August 2021

Great story Monte.Nice to have good friends like the Teds.
The food at Air T&D sure looked good.
I see Ted drinks the wine he recommended to us several years
ago when they stopped here to visit.

All seems well in Pollock Pines for you two.

Frank

Well it's good news about your home !! Alot of people aren't so lucky. I'm glad Julie's surgery went well. It's great having friends like "Trailer Lady and The Teds.

This story is inspirational on many levels. Thanks to the Ski3pins and the Teds for sharing such a close look into your experiences. We're all very happy to know things are working out well for you all.

Foy

That was a wonderful story. The perfect tale of nice people helping nice people in need and a happy ending! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you all for the kind comments. We truly enjoy the Ski3pins company and their time here passed quickly. It was also wonderful of Trailer Lady to help them out as well. After she was cleared by multiple covid tests she was able to come here to visit with all of us again. And I believe M&J still have some supplies at her home, so she continues to be helping them. Monte actually had plans for a project at here place that didn't get done because of their unexpected move here. Sorry to take that away from you, Kathy.

We visited the Ski3pins at their home yesterday. The air is much better with little smoke now, Julie is getting around better on her new knee, Monte has been back at work, and life is getting back to normal. A comfortable sigh of relief for all involved.

I tried inserting a photo of the finished gate but it kept showing upside down despite multiple edits in the photo upload. So take my word for it that it, like all of Monte's projects, came out very nice.

Does this Bobcat make me look fat?
From the report, the photo of "the little Bobcat tucked away behind the Ted's Tiger" makes the Tiger look huge!

"Looks better than what I'd have done :)"
Craig, Monte has skills! Trust me when I say they were much better than I would have done without his help.

Frank, I am impressed with your memory. I can't remember what I had for dinner tonight, and I'm still eating it. :D :D
By coincidence, Monte and I both happen to enjoy beef on rare occasions, but not our wives. On the night of Julie's surgery Monte took over the cooking with his special rub on a nice grass fed tri tip. On that night I did crack open a Napa Cabernet instead of the TJ's daily drinker.

Another adventure completed (with a TR even ) and home again If ya got a camp out at a friends because of a fire it's sure nice to have "trailer lady" and "the Ted's " Bed & Breakfast" ready to help! Pliny's rules the world. Glad you guys are home safe and sound.

Smoke

Ted said:
Frank, I am impressed with your memory. I can't remember what I had for dinner tonight, and I'm still eating it. :D :D
By coincidence, Monte and I both happen to enjoy beef on rare occasions, but not our wives. On the night of Julie's surgery Monte took over the cooking with his special rub on a nice grass fed tri tip. On that night I did crack open a Napa Cabernet instead of the TJ's daily drinker.
And there were lots of wonderful tri tip leftovers. I remember two mornings in particular where Ted made him and me "steak and eggs" for breakfast with slabs of tri tip. :)

Wonderful to have such awesome friends! Boy, I really laughed when I saw this line, and I quote "By coincidence, Monte and I both happen to enjoy beef on rare occasions, but not our wives."

You might want to see a therapist or two??? :D

Glad to see your home remained. It must have been a welcome sight. The “silver lining” (that’s probably a reach) was an opportunity to wine & dine with friends. May the devastation not darken your door.

I don’t believe, for even a second, that either of you very fortunate gentlemen don’t enjoy your wives on most occasions. I’d say special treats, flowers, and boondocking are due to your ladies. :D

Paul

Ski that was such a heartwarming story of generosity on many levels. True friends are hard to come by in this life and it looks like you and Julie have been blessed.

I’m very happy to hear that your home and Julie’s surgery went well.

So good to have family and friends in times of need. Glad to hear you’re back home and J is rehabbing well.

Ted, we also enjoy hens on the grill. Looks like you might have been brining them…perhaps your recipe could be found in the recipe section!?

A profound thank you to all of you for your kindness, good thoughts, and nice comments. It is humbling to count so many wonderful people as friends. We received so many offers "to come stay with us" from all over the West. We are so lucky and blessed.

Our house is saved but our "home" is tragically changed for our lifetimes. Our backyard is gone, burnt up. What the King Fire didn't take in 2014, the Caldor Fire finished the job. Places that we have over 45 years of memories entwined with are destroyed, from the Rocky Canyon route up to ski the summit of Pyramid Peak to quiet trout streams - Alder Creek, Tragedy Creek, Silver Fork of the American, Sayles Creek, Caples Creek - and places for quiet long backcountry skis or rambling summer hikes - Cody Meadows, Upper Forni. It is all gone and we mourn.

Back
Top Bottom