"The just have to change it" mod

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie
Site Team
I've been thinking about this one for a while. At night after reading, before sleeping,i think where can i put my glasses, book ,ect. I came up with this. It's a wood frame with window screen attached to the wire push bar,it holds small things nicely but doesn't take up any room. Also my storage mods, just store bought plastic stackable drawers adjusted to fit where needed. The one on the front floor has a nice oak top which can be stood on to get up to the bed or used as another seat. The extra storage helps and is DSCN3180.jpg convenient.

Frank

Attachments

• DSCN3171.jpg
    DSCN3171.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 450
  • DSCN3174.jpg
    DSCN3174.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 365
  • DSCN3176.jpg
    DSCN3176.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 424
  • DSCN3177.jpg
    DSCN3177.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 392
Hi Frank: Where did you get the stackable drawers? Did they come with the top?

Darryl

Hi Darryl. How was opening day? I didn't get to fish until mothers day week end,but had a good time. I'm looking to Yellowstone the middle of June. The stackables are sold in many stores. The thin one i think came from Wal Mart but i know OSH carries a nice assortment. The oak top i made it serves as a seat and can be stood on to get in and out of bed. The big one moves out of the way to get to the folding table behind it and the screen on the sliding window. The top is screwed on to make it more rigid. Hope that helps.

Frank

Hi Frank: Opening day was a good time. No fish, but a good time. We first went up 88 and there was snow all the way to 89 turn off to Tahoe. So we went on and camped on the side of 395 in a clearing right up against the Walker River. Next day, down past Bridgeport and right on to Green Creek Road. 8 miles back in for the night. A lot of snow, but very beautiful. Of course we were the only ones out there. Next night back over Monitor Pass to Hwy 4. We camped along the Carson river for the night. I was a fun trip. But, I am hoping for better weather soon. The water is still too cold and fast.

I picked up 3 plastic drawers at Lowes and put them on the floor as you did. Great idea. I will also check out Orchard. I did not see much at our Walmart and not much at Home Depot.

Darryl

Good luck today. I really liked Frank's idea of the storage drawers so I did a little research and found what I liked at Lowes. I stacked three of them and they looked great. But, I wanted at Top like Frank has. Well, I was up in Sacramento today and went by ATC and talked to Marty about my idea of the Top I wanted thinking I could just bum a piece of oak veneer from him. I just happened to have one of the drawers with me and while I was discussing it with Marty he just made me custom top that matches my counter, no charge.

Those ATC guys are great.

Darryl

For all those fly fishers. When i move from spot to spot in the truck i would have to break down my bamboo rod as it won't fit in the truck or camper. This is what i came up with. Simple easy to make and it works. Saves broken rods.

FrankDSCN3231.jpg

Back
Top Bottom