The Landscape Photography Thread

Hark-is that one of those famous Death Valley stalking Kalie beasts hiding in plain site in the corner of your photo? They seem to find their way into allot of photos these days :p !

Smoke

Smokecreek1 said:
Hark-is that one of those famous Death Valley stalking Kalie beasts hiding in plain site in the corner of your photo? They seem to find their way into allot of photos these days :p !

Smoke
Ya got me there, Smoke! Yes, indeed, that is Ms. Callie lounging about Butte Valley.

Thanks Steven,

I have been searching for a mirrorless camera system for those 5-10 mile hikes when the DSLR + a few lenses was weighing me down.
This is my first trip with my Xmas-present-to-me, Fuji mirrorless camera. It's pricey compared to other systems, but less than Sony or Leica.

I tried and sold a Canon EOS-M due to LCD view only, and ho hum results. The Fuji X system has excellent lenses (18/2, 35/1.4, 18-55/2.8-4), and retro knobs for shutter speed, ISO, exposure compensation and the better lenses have aperture rings. Just like the old days! I'm still evaluating IQ, but my gut says I'm getting 90% quality of FF, with 50% weight/bulk for landscape and environmental shots. Forget long focal lengths or action (but it does 8 FPS).

This isn't landscape, but I thought I would toss it in anyway. It's raining like crazy here in northern Oregon (California and Southwest, I hope you get some, too), so I cut a couple of camellia blooms to photograph. It's nice and dry under the porch, and the light is fairly uniform.

Oh Camellia, you're breaking my heart...

16235363807_a08eb333b9_c.jpg

Apologies to Cecelia and Paul Simon...

Wandering Sagebrush said:
This isn't landscape, but I thought I would toss it in anyway. It's raining like crazy here in northern Oregon (California and Southwest, I hope you get some, too), so I cut a couple of camellia blooms to photograph. It's nice and dry under the porch, and the light is fairly uniform.

Oh Camellia, you're breaking my heart...

16235363807_a08eb333b9_c.jpg

Apologies to Cecelia and Paul Simon...
That's so pretty and fresh. I long to see something alive. Everything has been frozen and dead here for 4 months now.

Thanks for sharing.

One more. I tried focus stacking on this image. There are five photos, stacked one on top of the other, with focus points that move towards the back of the bloom. D800, Nikkor 85mm PC E, ISO 800, f4.8, 1/15 of a second. CS 6.

Oregon Raindrops

16395660506_9bb5dd03dd_c.jpg

Frank, Bill: Thanks for the kind words...

Edit: One more for fun... Cropped in to about 33%.

15800294584_386e781977_c.jpg

Very well done, Stephen. The freshness jumps off the screen.

I've tried a bit of focus stacking, and found some difficulty with apparent change in focal length.
Certainly, it works well for macro.

Back
Top Bottom