The Landscape Photography Thread

Cool underwater/surface shot, Bombsight. I've always admired that technique, but have never tried.

I like the last shot, Bad Habit. The misty atmosphere creates a great moody feel

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Just a reminder, this is a thread on landscape. Let's keep it on track.
Sorry if the split level shot was out of bounds. I felt like it was "Landscape". Delete if deemed nessasary.

Bombsight said:
Sorry if the split level shot was out of bounds. I felt like it was "Landscape". Delete if deemed nessasary.
The split level is a great shot, but it doesn't seem like landscape to me. No need to delete. Maybe we need a thread for shots related to underwater photography (which the way... Yours are really nice! The brittle stars in the sponge would fit in both the UW and wildlife threads.).

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Looking good! What lenses are you using. I see one on the bench, and you've got to have something pretty wide for a few of those shots.
Thanks!

These were shot with a Samyang (Rokinon) 14mm F2.8 lens and D600. REALLY wide for a full frame camera. The lens on the bench is a Samyang (Rokinon) 35mm F1.4

I really like Samyang lenses, they are all SHARP wide open and are usually very well corrected. The 14mm gets a little barrel distortion in these very tight quarters, but on further away shots, it isn't noticable at all.

Samyang 14mm F2.8 at F2.8 for 25 seconds.

9-Aug-2013-1 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

At F11

New-Alto----Chaco-Canyon by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

Pueblo-Bonito-2----Chaco-Canyon by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

At F5.6

21-July-2013-2 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

Very timely. I was thinking of renting this lens in about a week for upcoming desert photography trip. I am following a group of hikers in the Hart Mtn - Sheldon Refuge connection landscape for about 6 days/nights. Figured this area has some of the darkest skies in the lower 48 and would be perfect to practice my night photo skills. My Nikon 17-35 is just a bit too soft in the corners(when shooting wide open) and my 20mm, f/2.8 is not quite wide enough. Thanks for the great pics, inspiring.

Craggy, you might check pricing versus rental costs. Those manual focus Bower/Rokinon/Samyang lenses are a bargain.
Sounds like a wonderful trip. Hope you get some clear nights for photography.

The Bride and I came down with a bad case of cabin fever, so we took a ride up to our daughter's cabin. The back way home seemed more interesting, so we took a route that gave us a nice view of Mt Saint Helens. Majestic even from a distance.

18148363359_7ab6342810_c.jpg

Near Moab about a month ago. Found this spot well after dark for some stealth camping. Up early the next morning and noted the balancing rock with some clouds rolling in. Didn't even notice it when I was setting up. Quick climb up above for the pic and out of there before anyone knew I was there. Love those free campsites....

MoabKiva2-5-XL.jpg

Park, very nice.

Two from your blog really resounded with me. Cedar Mesa images... House on Fire and Roof Fallen In ruins are really nicely photographed!

Back
Top Bottom