The latest improvement on the Four Wheel Pop-up Campers is ...

Stan@FourWheel

The latest improvement on the Four Wheel Pop-up Campers is new vinyl fabric for the pop-up.

The new fabric is made for us in Germany using an exceptionally strong polyester scrim fabric coated, not laminated, with a proprietary vinyl surface.

The fabric, after heat curing, is treated with a highly durable UV protective coating.

The color is a lighter gray than the fabric we have used for years, will be cooler in the summertime, and is more pleasing to the eye.

Pictures posted below of the first units on the production line show the difference in color.

We are excited to have found something to make our campers just a little bit better.

The journey continues.

:)

Attachments

• 11111.JPG
    11111.JPG
    179.3 KB · Views: 330
  • 22222.JPG
    22222.JPG
    187 KB · Views: 347
Let's see an inside picture when the camper is outside in natural light. That's how most of us experience the vinyl fabric most of the time.

Stan,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop about improvements to FWCs. I noticed in the pictures of Overland Hadley's on Expo that the bifold roof lifting doors looked like a different material. Has that changed also and I just missed that update?

Ted

No update has been posted on the new folding lift panel change yet.

But that is coming too in the near future.

We are working out the final details.

Getting inventory of the parts and pieces for our normal production needs.

______________________________________________________________________________________

. . . I noticed in the pictures of Overland Hadley's on Expo that the bifold roof lifting doors looked like a different material. Has that changed also and I just missed that update?

STOP IT!
Mine is being built, I haven't even got it yet and it's already outdated?
New tables, maybe, new lift panels, new fabric....Stan is the Man, but you're killing me!
:rolleyes:

Don't worry, Rotti. You could have my '03. Back when the stove and sink were reversed so you couldn't use the stove while the bed was extended. And the old 13 gallon water tank. And the old heater. And the old couch. And the old style window covers. Things like radius doors, LED lights, water heaters, dinette seating, and who knows what else weren't even an option. But we still love it and enjoy every outing we can get in it. Sure, you will always envy the neat things that were added after you bought yours. But you will never regret getting yours. :)

Ted, of course your right. The only constant in life is change.

I guess the only solution is to totally ignore anything Stan or his lackeys say. :D

Ted, of course your right. The only constant in life is change.
I guess the only solution is to totally ignore anything Stan or his lackeys say.

My key to happiness with a purchase: Once you've bought it, stop shopping -- don't even look! :D

My key to happiness with a purchase: Once you've bought it, stop shopping -- don't even look! :D

Yeah, I made the mistake of checking out the newest Alaskan campers. Lordy those are sweet campers. I'll "upgrade" to one of those some day, maybe like when I win the lotto and can buy a 1 ton truck to haul it.

Yeah! Also, I tell myself, "Self, someday you may have to replace the vinyl, and by then they'll have all the bugs worked out of the new material, or an even better material available". But, the stuff they have been using seems to last a long time, so they are improving something that is already good.

@Stan-

I want to refit my 2000 with new sides, end panels and roof. Do-able? Can it get done at the Colorado dealership?

P.S.: I can strip off the old roof, etc.if that would help convince you to take the project ...

Is the new fabric lighter weight?

Personally I like the darker color, but the new stuff will definitely be cooler in the sun. And I am not sure about the shiny fabric, but maybe that is just me being happy with what I have. :D

STOP IT!
Mine is being built, I haven't even got it yet and it's already outdated?
New tables, maybe, new lift panels, new fabric....Stan is the Man, but you're killing me!
:rolleyes:

Yeah....it's the same way with computers, tv's and cameras. By the time you get it home it's obsolete.

Yeah....it's the same way with computers, tv's and cameras. By the time you get it home it's obsolete.

Yeah, but they probably still work just fine. I know a lot of old stuff that still performs admirably.

When did they start using the new fabric in the builds?

See the first post by Stan.
Different wall fabric in the pop up.

See the first post by Stan.
Different wall fabric in the pop up.

I did. He only says see the photos of it on the new builds, with no info about when they started.

I asked when they started using it for the builds. Mainly because mine is in the build pipeline.

I did. He only says see the photos of it on the new builds, with no info about when they started.

I asked when they started using it for the builds. Mainly because mine is in the build pipeline.

It sounds to me that the new fabric just started now, or yesterday. And the picture is of the first unit to officially have it.

The latest improvement on the Four Wheel Pop-up Campers is new vinyl fabric for the pop-up.

The new fabric is made for us in Germany using an exceptionally strong polyester scrim fabric coated, not laminated, with a proprietary vinyl surface.

The fabric, after heat curing, is treated with a highly durable UV protective coating.

Sounds cool!

So what are the advantages/improvements of the new fabric?

Back
Top Bottom