The Quest for Fall Colors

Smoke,do you fish Eagle Lake? Every time I have been past there over lots of years I am either just passing through and didn't stop for time issues or the wind has been blowing gangbusters.I have always wanted to camp at the western site,the one that looks like it has trees,but have never gotten over there.
Have a good time the weather sure is nice now .May be it will continue and you can get some nice camp days.
I am not a fan of those big rigs,but they do get out into the out of doors and take kids.So I guess it's better than having your nose into a video screen all the time.Watching wildlife on TV vs in the bush.Just saying.Everyone has their own thing.
Frank

Fish a little -usually off of the shoreline-there are some deep holes if you know here they are. Got lot's of friends that fish allot out there-usually in boats, not off of the shore. The southwest side is mostly full of expensive FS CG's and more people (even a marina or two), so I camp at the free BLM CG at Rocky Point, etc (west and north sides) or head over to the East side. Not many people camp over there-sort of primitive; you have to take a bumpy road (follow the signs to the Chico State Field Station) from from Willow Creek Valley on HW 139, but its worth it-fewer people except for some locals who have summer houses out there and the Lassen County Youth Camp. Mostly BLM, some pvt and fs lands. There are lot's of roads from there into the back country to explore, just have to be careful during fire season. We are supposed to get a weather change on Friday, looks like rain not snow, but that's why we have FWC's right?

Smoke

Ski,do any of you get to see that huge old growth stand of aspens as you start up the hill from the Carson River toward Monitor Pass? It's the one on the west (right) side of the road about a mile or so up the hill. We get to see it first thing in the morning as we head to Heenah for the day and also late in the afternoon.We have never been disappointed with the color.This year though seemed to be extra special,sorry not a picture,it's too hard to capture it must be seen in person.The colors are from greenish yellow to the bright orange to red,with the stark white trunks,all this against the rocky hillside.If you haven't seen this,next fall give it a look.

Sure enjoyed the TR,thanks for all the work you put in to it,especially the "landing lights".

One of these days we will have to meet up with the group.One thing I notice about this site and members there seems to be a nice camaraderie among groups. Like the sightings and the cult thing.Do the other types of campers,like the huge motor homes check each other out?

Enjoy the week end.It's summer here on the coast again.
Frank

Mr. Casa, yes, that big grove is one we check out as we start our trips. It kind of a gauge on how the colors are doing. It's a very nice spot.

And Mr. Smoke, yup, we do run into some special basko aspen art work. Some makes us think these guys were getting a little "lonely" out watching the sheep.

Back
Top Bottom