The Wildlife Photography Thread

I had the original 80-400VR and liked it, the grizzly shots I posted were with that lens.

I tried a friends 200-400 VR I and wasn't impressed but think the VR II is much better, albeit not as sharp as a prime. With the 1.4 on I don't see that much softness, but that may be my elderly eyes.

I also had the 80-400. Found it sharp, but very slow to focus. Not easy to catch birds in flight. The new AF S version is purportedly much better. Your 200-400 is much better than the VR 1 from all I've heard.

There's just something about bluebirds that I can't pass up. Here's a nice male.

15557014051_845e571b64_c.jpg

Charlie, thanks for the kind words! My secret for birds is to have a blind about 15 feet from food/water. That pillaged shot makes me think you do quite well with them. I wish we had local black bears that are willing to be photographed. Oregon has a lot of bears, but they are pretty skittish.

From the Yolo Wildlife Area this morning. Three different Egrets with one click. Right to Left: Great, Cattle, and Snowy.

img_107123_0_6bc8066b90d5dd4a3ce146be4ce43f5f.jpg

That's pretty cool, K6on. You know your egrets!

I saw some sandhill cranes posted on FB from Consumnes NWR yesterday. Did you see any of those at Yolo?

Lighthawk said:
That's pretty cool, K6on. You know your egrets!

I saw some sandhill cranes posted on FB from Consumnes NWR yesterday. Did you see any of those at Yolo?
Funny you should ask, none at Yolo yesterday, but I just returned from the Consumes Reserve about 20 minutes ago (11:00 am). I'll post some Sandhill pictures after I go through them .

Back
Top Bottom