The Wildlife Photography Thread

Here's another video, shot by Susan with her Samsung Note III phone. What a kick you can get decent video off a phone.
Dropbox - Error - Simplify your life

I'll post some still photos on Wednesday evening, mostly taken with 24-105 lens with a polarizer.

-------

We seem to be having technical difficulties :oops:
So here is another video shot from the Canon 6D, handheld

Gettin' the stink eye...

14406570346_bd20462386_c.jpg

Those are very cool shots- so sharp. We see a lot of barred owls around here and the camouflage is amazing as you say.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Gettin' the stink eye...

14406570346_bd20462386_c.jpg
Nailed it! Love the sharp detail, but the image reads just a tad dark on my laptop. Looks like the sun wasn't doing much to light the scene. Maybe bump exposure a quarter stop?

The owl shot is awesome. It's like the eyes are in a nest of concentric layers. It really is a cool shot.

Andy, the lek where I shoot sage grouse is best shot in the late evening. I am in some real low light situations for a lot of the birds, which means it's almost dark. I would like to photograph in the morning, but then I would be facing some serious backlight. Every now and then I get a few moments when the sun lights up a bird, but it's not the norm.

Here's a couple of photos with sun to give you an idea how low angle the light is under the best of conditions....

5583582812_2eee62e8d9_z.jpg

5578296443_d29e206d31_z.jpg

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Andy, the lek where I shoot sage grouse is best shot in the late evening. I am in some real low light situations for a lot of the birds, which means it's almost dark. I would like to photograph in the morning, but then I would be facing some serious backlight. Every now and then I get a few moments when the sun lights up a bird, but it's not the norm.

Here's a couple of photos with sun to give you an idea how low angle the light is under the best of conditions....

5583582812_2eee62e8d9_z.jpg

5578296443_d29e206d31_z.jpg
That is low light. Really like shot #2 with the golden colors and texture.

I promised to post some photos of the Lahontan cutthroat trout we viewed at Independence Lake.
They are now posted in a gallery

Here's a few to check out:

There were schools of tahoe suckers in the same stream. Occasionally the buck Lahontan would roust them out of the redd he occupied with his hen.

I believe this is the female with three suitors.

Back
Top Bottom