The winner of the May Partner dutch oven giveaway is......

Thanks DD and fellow Wanderers! I'm thinking a raspberry cobbler might just be the perfect choice for its maiden voyage. I've had my eye on the Partner DO for a long time. Very cool to now own one!

Thanks DD and fellow Wanderers! I'm thinking a raspberry cobbler might just be the perfect choice for its maiden voyage. I've had my eye on the Partner DO for a long time. Very cool to now own one!

How was the cobbler, Steve?

How was the cobbler, Steve?

Stew - It still exists in my dreams. We've been buried with getting the veggie garden going and nurturing the seedlings, so no camping yet. We're planning on meeting some pals up in the headwaters of the Rio Grande at the end of July. That will be the awesome Partner DO's first cobbler. Can't wait... for cobbler AND some beautiful San Juan high country!

Stew - It still exists in my dreams. We've been buried with getting the veggie garden going and nurturing the seedlings, so no camping yet. We're planning on meeting some pals up in the headwaters of the Rio Grande at the end of July. That will be the awesome Partner DO's first cobbler. Can't wait... for cobbler AND some beautiful San Juan high country!

Maybe in July I should drop by the Rio Grande headwaters for some of that cobbler, eh? Any interesting peaks in the area?

Maybe in July I should drop by the Rio Grande headwaters for some of that cobbler, eh? Any interesting peaks in the area?

We'll save you a piece. :D I have not climbed it Rio Grande Pyramid, but got a great view of it and La Ventana from Weminuche Pass a few years back. (http://www.summitpost.org/the-rio-grande-pyramid/151491) We're meeting another couple at River Hill CG and will likely do the Weminuche Pass hike again... though my personal preference is to hike down 6 Mile Canyon and flyfish my way back up the Rio to camp... every day. It's a fine piece of trout water and surprisingly uncrowded. Most folks seem to sit on their asses in the CG. Strange, but fine with me!

We'll save you a piece. :D I have not climbed it Rio Grande Pyramid, but got a great view of it and La Ventana from Weminuche Pass a few years back. (http://www.summitpost.org/the-rio-grande-pyramid/151491) We're meeting another couple at River Hill CG and will likely do the Weminuche Pass hike again... though my personal preference is to hike down 6 Mile Canyon and flyfish my way back up the Rio to camp... every day. It's a fine piece of trout water and surprisingly uncrowded. Most folks seem to sit on their asses in the CG. Strange, but fine with me!

Barko served me some dutch oven cobbler from his Lodge when I met up with him down in Big Bend, so, you see, feeding dessert me has become a WtW tradition.

Thanks for the SummitPost link, Steve. The RG Pyramid must be a long hike if they suggest a bivvy at Weminuche Pass.

Back
Top Bottom