There is a new Hawk on the Tundra at the curb

AWG_Pics

Into the Great Empty
We will take it on its' maiden voyage this friday to the central OR coast near Yachats. Driving it home from the dealer today in rush hour traffic, in the dark, during a pouring rainstorm was much easier than I had expected. Handled well and quick when Garmin suggested an alternate route through the city center due to a stalled vehicle in the center lane of the freeway. I am happy.
:) :D

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Tony, congrats. Be ready for a wet weekend. King tides as well... be safe!
Thanks Steve. I do love the low end of the king tides!

Congratulations! Here's a picture of the Yachats camp we like, Tillicum.

Attachments

• 01-Tillicum-Tree.jpg
    01-Tillicum-Tree.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 92
Bjammin said:
Congratulations! Here's a picture of the Yachats camp we like, Tillicum.
Thanks! We like Tillicum, but Carl G Washburn has showers! But one can hardly go wrong anywhere on that stretch of the OR coast.

AWG_Pics said:
Thanks! We like Tillicum, but Carl G Washburn has showers! But one can hardly go wrong anywhere on that stretch of the OR coast.
Hardly go wrong is true. My all time favorite "glamping" spot is South Beach in Newport. We try to go there every couple years. I just love the whole area, best beaches (and mostly people free for some strange reason), super dog-friendly, and the people on the Oregon Coast always seem to be friendly and accommodating.

trikebubble said:
My all time favorite "glamping" spot is South Beach in Newport. We try to go there every couple years. I just love the whole area, best beaches (and mostly people free for some strange reason), super dog-friendly, and the people on the Oregon Coast always seem to be friendly and accommodating.
We have not stopped there, but a few months ago our pilates instructor and BF spent 4 days there, with their dog. They loved it. We will have to check it out -- thanks for the tip!.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
SB is close to the coast aquarium as well, and the Rogue Brewery.
I have knocked back a chocolate stout and a few IPAs at the Rogue. Can't beat the path through the brewery to get to the pub.

AWG_Pics said:
I have knocked back a chocolate stout and a few IPAs at the Rogue. Can't beat the path through the brewery to get to the pub.
My all-time favorite spot in the area is Nana's Irish Pub in the Nye Beach area of Newport. Best meatloaf in the world, fantastic atmosphere, and a dog-friendly outdoor patio. We like it so much we even detoured from a motorcycle trip back to BC from California once just to have the meatloaf.

If you're down in the Yachats area then I'd definitely check out Yachat's Brewing. :D Best brewery on the Oregon coast aside from Fort George, IMO. Although one could make an argument for Pelican...

Congrats on the FWC purchase and successful first trip. My wife and I's first night in our Hawk was at Cape Perpetua. Gotta love the Oregon coast.

Always good to have another FWC owner in the Portland area.

ExplOregon said:
If you're down in the Yachats area then I'd definitely check out Yachat's Brewing. :D Best brewery on the Oregon coast aside from Fort George, IMO. Although one could make an argument for Pelican...

Congrats on the FWC purchase and successful first trip. My wife and I's first night in our Hawk was at Cape Perpetua. Gotta love the Oregon coast.

Always good to have another FWC owner in the Portland area.
Thanks! Is that the brewery with taps at the Farm Store, just north of the Green Salmon cafe? Great beer and really nice people. Hope to see you on the road -- seems like we move in similar circles.

ski3pin said:
Congrats in your new camper. Have fun! :)
Thanks Ski ! I pulled the back seats out of the Tundra a couple of days ago and built a wooded insert platform thing that lets us stow some gear underneath and tuff boxes and a cooler on top. Big fun! We are gearing up for a mid February run to Death valley, northern Baja, Phoenix and Benson AZ, Chaco canyon in New Mex and then wander back to the northwest as we like. Retirement is fun, but doing it with a pop-up is even more fun!

Adding my Congrats on the new camper too.

We love visiting the Oregon Coast too. And while your up there (Up for us down here). Go to Gold Beach and tour the Rogue River in one of "Jerry's Rogue". A 6 hour round trip in a open boat powered by 3 big block V8's and Berkley jet drives is an absolute blast. The best seats if you want to stay somewhat dry is the middle of the last row below the Pilots area. During the summer the temp is in the mid '90's. You will get hot so the boat captain will cool you off when he does his 360's. The tour goes into white water as far east as you can go in a boat.

Click on the link to view the video. Jerry's Rogue Jets

We camp at Oceanside RV Park which is about a 2 block walk to Jerry's office.

Sorry I got carried away on this topic so will post it up on the trips section too.

RC Pilot Jim said:
Adding my Congrats on the new camper too.

We love visiting the Oregon Coast too. And while your up there (Up for us down here). Go to Gold Beach and tour the Rogue River in one of "Jerry's Rogue". A 6 hour round trip in a open boat powered by 3 big block V8's and Berkley jet drives is an absolute blast. The best seats if you want to stay somewhat dry is the middle of the last row below the Pilots area. During the summer the temp is in the mid '90's. You will get hot so the boat captain will cool you off when he does his 360's. The tour goes into white water as far east as you can go in a boat.
Thanks Jim.

I have jet boated the Clearwater and the Snake into Hell's Canyon. Sounds like I should get the Rogue on my list of to do rides. I prefer to hang over the rail near the front if I can. Getting wet is part of the experience! Thanks for the tip!

Tony

Back
Top Bottom