Thermal Liner Installed, Do I adjust the roof latches?

losttaco

Just as my title states. I installed the Thermal pack and couldn't find any solid info on if I need to adjust the buckles on the outside. It requires more effort and is a tighter fit when closing up the camper.

Thanks.

Here are some pictures. Ever time I edit them, they just turn upside down again.

[sharedmedia=gallery:albums:1509]

The adjustment technique I use is at each latch, try and move the latch side to side. If it moves, tighten two turns. Repeat if needed.

If the latch doesn’t move, with moderate pressure, pull down on the roof above each latch and wiggle it. If it moves from side to side, leave it alone. If it doesn’t move, loosen two turns and try again.

For photo orientation, look at the pinned thread in the Member Support forum. If you still have problems, send me a PM.

As WS says, it’s kind if a feel thing. You want the loose flexible materials captured inside the camper, and not clamped in the joint. Adjust the material as the roof closes if necessary, particularly at the corners. Once you get it trained to fold the way you want it will tend to go that way. Beyond that, you are adjusting the latches’ over center mechanism to ensure they don’t come undone without putting excess clamping force on the flexible materials that are necessarily clamped in the joint.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
The adjustment technique I use is at each latch, try and move the latch side to side. If it moves, tighten two turns. Repeat if needed.

If the latch doesn’t move, with moderate pressure, pull down on the roof above each latch and wiggle it. If it moves from side to side, leave it alone. If it doesn’t move, loosen two turns and try again.

For photo orientation, look at the pinned thread in the Member Support forum. If you still have problems, send me a PM.

Thank you!

Jon R said:
It’s a heat shield to protect the wall from heat radiated from flame under pans on the stove. Note how it’s spaced out from the surface about 1/8 inch.
I did that same mod and removed my stove lid.
Works great.

Back
Top Bottom