Thinking about buying a camper....

Jordan

Well, I have been looking at FWC campers for a little while now and have narrowed my search. I recently found an 83' Fleet somewhat close by for $1000. Is there anything I should be weary of with a camper this old? I will be putting it in a 2000 Toyota Tundra and would like to still be able to access 4x4 forest service roads with the camper attached. Anyone have any guidance or recommendations?

Take some measurements to make shure it fits your truck, think its going to be to wide.
Check out lift panels, the soft sides, look for water damage, thats some things I would suggest, but mainly make shure it fits in your truck, older campers where wider.

All the measurements seem like they will work with my truck. Im a little worried about the depth of my bed as it is 17" and the lower portion of the camper is 17" tall. Is it possible to stick a few 2x4s under there to raise it up a bit?

As Ben said, lift panels and fabric. If those need replacing it'll cost you. As for raising it I have been using 2" of blue foam insulating panels. Much stronger than I thought, no movement, full support, plus about an R12 insulation on 32 sq. ft of previously uninsulated space. You can see it in this picture
1225184872_4rk8K-S.jpg

Back
Top Bottom