Timbren install - crooked mounts

busboy66

Contributors
Hi all. Installed new Timbrens today on '07 Mazda B4000 4x4 - Ranger clone - yes I followed directions. All went well except for the bases that attach to the axle housing are crooked. Also left Timbren is mighty close to the leaf spring. I didn't over torque. They ride ok - maybe a bit on the stiff side - but definitely an improvement. I went with Timbrens because air bags will be too close to the tires - I have wider tires installed. Any body else have these on a Ranger or Mazda? Any suggestions? Do they level out after a while? I was concerned because the bottom saddles only have the attachments on one side. I think that is whey they are cock-eyed. Thanks, Tom

Attachments

• leftsidesmall.JPG
    leftsidesmall.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 232
  • rightsidesmall.JPG
    rightsidesmall.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 228
I don't have any experience with timbrens, but that does look kinda hokey to me too. Have you considered welding the lower mounts straight to the axle housings?

Makes no sense why they didn't put the u-bolt right in the middle of the bracket rather than on the edge like that. There seems to be enough clearance at the lower shock mount. Are they right/left specific? Are you positive you put them each on the correct side? :oops:

Ok - my powers of observation were not good initially. The axle housing is tapered right where the base mounts.
I may need to grind the Timbren saddles to fit - or just tell Timbren the ones they shipped (correct model # for my truck) don't fit.
The grinding looks like the better option as I don't want to wait any longer.
This really bugs me. :mad:

Attachments

• 100_1398.JPG
    100_1398.JPG
    481.9 KB · Views: 125
BSS - I agree with the hokey part. I bought these suckers so they would fit. I took your suggestion and tried everything backwards/leftforright/upside down etc. I tried them with the u-bolt the other way, but the shock mounts got in the way.

I decided to grind. All's well that ends well.

Still not 100% about the Timbrens as far as the ride - not much dampning - springy.
I'd say 75% improvement though - ride is level and no sway.

Thanks for the reply.

Tom

I don't have any experience with timbrens, but that does look kinda hokey to me too. Have you considered welding the lower mounts straight to the axle housings?

Makes no sense why they didn't put the u-bolt right in the middle of the bracket rather than on the edge like that. There seems to be enough clearance at the lower shock mount. Are they right/left specific? Are you positive you put them each on the correct side? :oops:

Attachments

• 100_1405.JPG
    100_1405.JPG
    477.9 KB · Views: 160
I would send your pictures to the company. Maybe they can help, or offer you a refund. With the way the economy is today, customer service should be good.

Back
Top Bottom