Toilet rinse tank

dscobell

Advanced Member
Do you fill your cassette toilet rinse tank before leaving or fill it when you get to your destination? Just curious. The instructions suggest not to drive with water in the tank. I suppose you could use a small water bottle to rinse the bowl if you use the toilet on route. Just wondering what experience or advise you guys might share.

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

I bought a white fuel jug for water. fill jug at home (5 gal). and fill toilet water tank when setting up camp.

Had mine for over three years, fill it up before I leave every time and haven't had any problems. Don't go on rough roads very often.

I don't have cassette toilet, just a portapotti. I keep water in the top half all the time so it's good to go when I gotta go. Been doing this for 5 years no issues. The one thing I did do is wrap a small towel around the fill cap to prevent water from splashing out while driving.

On the cassette toilet, if you fill the rinse tank full, some may leak out near the pump handle during rough road conditions. This I learned my first trip. So I don't quite fill the rinse tank all the way and there is no issue for me.

DesertDave said:
On the cassette toilet, if you fill the rinse tank full, some may leak out near the pump handle during rough road conditions. This I learned my first trip. So I don't quite fill the rinse tank all the way and there is no issue for me.
Ditto...yes, if you rock and roll down a stream bed or over rock ledges and the upper water tank is brim full, some may seep out....but this is clear water...

Also remember to secure the toilet in place so that it can't slide around when the camper is doing the rock-o-la...ours is held behind the back seat of the side dinette by our floor covering out-door carpeting and a separate fitted piece between the frig and the toilet [right inside the door; which is a bonus for keeping inside carpet clean]...toilet is a slip fit in behind the seat and the fitted piece of carpet locks it behind the seat. Simply pull the fitted piece up and slide the toilet out when needed.

Phil

'05 Tundra/'16 Hawk

Ps...This was a concession for my wife's use during the night or inclement weather...I prefer stepping outside or using my nalgene bottle!

Kinda new to this but find that the porta potti gets kinda heavy.
Have filled the fresh tank full now twice, will look to go 1/2 on the fresh seems easy enough to add when needed.
Might be easier to handle when emptying. Still learning though. I will be anchoring it with some footman loops and nylon straps.
Russ

Back
Top Bottom