Tomorrow's the Big Day

BobcatBob

Greetings,
Well after literally years of procrastination I have purchased another Alaskan Camper. My first was back in around 1978, I had a 10' non-cabover, I think it was mfg. in the 60's, on a '74 Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4. After selling it I still had the bug and purchased a used (I forget the year) 8' cabover, for the life of me I don't remember what year it was. I had it a few years and eventually sold it.
Our next adventure with a camper was in the late '80's, a 10'4" Vacationair, it was a conventional camper that was big and heavy. After a right rear blowout on my '86 Ford 3/4 4x4, at 60 mph, I sold it.
Now 30+ years later I'm back at it again. My wife is excited so that's encouraging. We found a 2004 8' Cabover, 2 owner, that has been mounted to a 1996 GMC Club Coupe 2500 4x4 with a 5.7/auto since new. I don't know if I'll mount it on my 2005 Dodge 3500 crewcab shortbed diesel until after we try it as is. It has always been garaged and looks as close to new as it could. I'm looking forward to sharing photo's, stories, and asking everyone many questions. Stay Tuned....

picture
picture
picture

Sorry it took so long to get photo's posted. One as I drove off taken by the previous owner and the other two in my driveway.

Attachments

• Driving away with the Alaskan.jpg
    Driving away with the Alaskan.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 105

Back
Top Bottom