Top up or down for long term storage?

The Next Adventures

Advanced Member
Unfortunately ill be storing my eagle camper probably for a couple years in indoor storage. Any recommendations for storage and if top should be up or down? Also should it rest directly on a concrete floor or on decking boards? Thanks for any input!

The Next Adventures said:
Unfortunately ill be storing my eagle camper probably for a couple years in indoor storage. Any recommendations for storage and if top should be up or down? Also should it rest directly on a concrete floor or on decking boards? Thanks for any input!
My 2¢ worth... I would put the top up. I would also ensure that it gets at least annual treatment with 303 during the time it's in storage. I think decking boards would be your best bet. With all of that said, your best bet is to call FWC service and ask their advice.

same as above.... if height is an issue leave down but don't clamp. keep it up off ground for sure... if you have the time throw a coat of grey deck paint on the base first. block from the inside the tie down access doors. We have critters here that can push them in. Mayhap's open the side louvered windows a crack and the roof vent....would rather moister have a way out.

I would also store your camper off the ground to enhance air flow, only a few inches will do. Open the top vents and side window as well. Condition your side walls every six months or so. And whether you store it up or down, you might want to open and/or close it now and then to work the panels. If down, I would leave the latches unclamped.

I agree that leaving the top up would be best as long as it's out of the weather and UV exposure. Remember that if you plan to access the inside of the camper while it's stored the floor needs to be supported. It is not designed to be walked on while mounted only on camper jacks.

Whenever we put things into long term storage we also put Bounce brand dryer sheets in them to help repel critters.

I might think about a dehumidifier and keeping the vents closed.

Living in Minnesota makes long term storage a problem every winter (soon to be fixed by a move to Texas!).

I store mine in a pole shed with the top up. I clean with 303 cleaner in the fall and condition with 303 conditioner in the spring.

Been a great system so far!

Back
Top Bottom