TorkLift GlowStep System

dustinbriq

After way too long of using the hitch ball or bumper as a step to get into/out of my camper, I finally got around to installing the TorkLift GlowStep System with their All Terrain Landing Gear to my 2018 FWC Hawk. The installation was very straight forward and only took about 30 minutes to complete. Once the mounting bracket was installed, the steps went into place with their provided quick release pins. Very easy process, and very quick to remove the steps for travel. The steps are very sturdy and will make entry/exit from the camper much easier for me and my dogs. I can't believe I waited this long to do this upgrade. If you are in the market for a high quality scissor step system for your camper, I believe you will be pleasantly surprised with the TorkLift GlowStep System.

full

full

full

full

full

Oryguntroutbum said:
Did you use self tappers?
Yes. If for some reason the self tapping screws come loose or fail to hold (I highly doubt they will as the steps/bracket are very sturdy), I'll convert to bolts. The only reason I didn't use bolts from the get go is the ones provided were a little too short.

We have the same on our flatbed and used botls but love the ease of it compared to ladders, etc. The only thing is you still have to be careful bending over to get ou the door and down the first few steps :)

dustinbriq said:
After way too long of using the hitch ball or bumper as a step to get into/out of my camper, I finally got around to installing the TorkLift GlowStep System with their All Terrain Landing Gear to my 2018 FWC Hawk. The installation was very straight forward and only took about 30 minutes to complete. Once the mounting bracket was installed, the steps went into place with their provided quick release pins. Very easy process, and very quick to remove the steps for travel. The steps are very sturdy and will make entry/exit from the camper much easier for me and my dogs. I can't believe I waited this long to do this upgrade. If you are in the market for a high quality scissor step system for your camper, I believe you will be pleasantly surprised with the TorkLift GlowStep System.

Glowstep is a must have in my option. I had it mounted as you have, but you will regret it in short time. The mounting bracket screws is going into 1/2” plywood, sideway and the screws will come loose in time.

Originally, I went with bigger and bigger screws when they came loose, tried gluing the screws too, but eventually I had the bracket mounted into my truck bed end, into metal. Had no problem since.

There are threads on the forum about this, just got to find them.

muttmaster said:
Glowstep is a must have in my option. I had it mounted as you have, but you will regret it in short time. The mounting bracket screws is going into 1/2” plywood, sideway and the screws will come loose in time.

Originally, I went with bigger and bigger screws when they came loose, tried gluing the screws too, but eventually I had the bracket mounted into my truck bed end, into metal. Had no problem since.

There are threads on the forum about this, just got to find them.

This may be the case, however, I've been on 4 trips and over 200 miles offroad and the mounting bracket is still as solid as the day I mounted it. If it does loosen up, I'll replace the screws with 2.5" bolts and a 3/8" aluminum backer.

full

Do travel with them folded up but still attached or do you have to remove them from the bracket.?
If you leave them on how far do they hang down?
Im getting tired of the plastic ladder
cheers
Glenn

GlennG said:
Do travel with them folded up but still attached or do you have to remove them from the bracket.?
cheers
Glenn
I unbolt mine. Last thing in and first thing out of the camper.

GlennG said:
cheers
Glenn
I take my steps off and put them in the camper when travelling. It takes less than 1 minute to remove the pins that hold the steps to the bracket.

Back
Top Bottom