Totaled F150 / Ocelot unharmed....?

CougarCouple said:
Morning RC
What about a flat bed, and mount the camper to that. Although it might not work if your truck serves other purposes. Just a thought, would help with Fords box length situation.
In re-reading your post above, are you saying the 4 door, with 6.5 bed you can get the payload you need and camper fits?
Others comments about ins companies rings true. My brother was driving Moms car and got broadsided totaling the car. ( amazing he was ok, side impact air bags) when mom's insurance company called to settle, it was almost 1/2 of where we ended up. Their tow company kept calling to pick up, and I told them we had not settled yet. I waited one month and then called them and said what I wanted. Later that day a supervisor called and we came to terms about $500 lees than my request. Which was NADA retail clean low mileage price.
Don't cancel your coverage ( we are not replacing the vehicle) till after you settle, they will refund any monies back to the day after accident. I understand not everyone can wait a month but they need to clear their books and move forward JMO. I also felt it showed we did not need to take their lowball price.
My brother was impressed and said we couldn't have sold the car for that. I didn't have the heart to tell him Mom can't replace the car for what we ended up getting. Original owner car , low mileage, dealer maintained, you can't go out and get what you had. If I remember correctly, that's what I told the first claims person. We would be ok with the amount, but we don't want the money, we would be fine it they would just bring us a car like mom had and put it in the garage!
I agree with Squatch , ins companies take advantage of people who have just encountered a trauma. Attorney is emotionally removed, very different situations for the ins companies to deal with.
Russ
A flatbed is definitely a good thought. The F150 box size is spot on outside of the shorter by 1 inch bed rails. This allows me to have a dual use truck . I’m really pleased as to how easily the camper slides off / on.

Rock.

Back
Top Bottom