Trash bag for rear rack. I have one of those horizontal ladder racks..

We use trash bags designed for trash compactors, they are thicker and quite tough. A simple medium duty 'S' hook hanging off the tailgate latch mechanism on the right side of the truck suffices to securely hang the trash bag off the ground. Mice and packrats can't get to it. Works well and is convenient when cooking, and entering or leaving the camper.

When we had a spare on a rear carrier we had a Trasharoo strapped to it. After about 5-7 years in the sun it got to the point where I wasn't too trusting of it. Have a new Trasharoo, but no rear carrier. Have debated hanging it on the rear ladder, but it flexes enough under my weight that I worry about the long term repercussions of doing that.

Going to buy a Trasharoo and strap it to the rack. I can buy one on Amazon and they have free returns if I don't like the fit.

-P

I have a Trasharoo on the back of the Jeep. Hauled firewood and all kinds of stuff in it. Can't complain about the quality.

I bought a Trasharoo last year after researching it. The big buckle broke the first time I tried to tighten it on my spare tire. Also, it needs to be sprayed with 303 to hopefully keep it from rotting in the sun. I take mine off and store it out of the sun when not in use, because I read that sun-rot was a real problem. That being said, you can buy almost 4 Trasharoos for the price of the Blueridge bag.

Our Trasharoo was an early vintage mfg. and it spent years out in the sun before I retired it. Given that Dave & Yosh spend considerable time in the field (adventureduo.com) I'd expect them to be sympathetic to an early failure. Give them a call, bet that they make it right.

I love my Trasharoo. But knowing what UV exposure does to the nylon webbing I only run mine when I go on an off road trip. Since my truck won't fit in my garage it would be outside all the time and seeing as how where I live has 300 days of sunshine on average it's not worth having it rot out just sitting on my spare. It takes all of 5 minutes to install on mine anyway.

Back
Top Bottom