Compressor Danfoss DB35F
Voltage 12/24V DC, 115/230V AC, 50-60 Hz
Average Input 50 Watts
Materials Outdoor Grade Plastic Interior and Exterior
Color Two Tone Grey
Basket Included
Interior Light Yes
Origin China

Ski did you see that there are some dealers near you. Reno,Rocklin.
Last year when I checked this brand out I gave up on it because it would not fit in the Ranger Super cab.Now that I have the wider Tundra it will work like snap.
Thanks for starting this thread.Do you get a commission?
Frank

No I didn't see that there were dealers. Can you provide a link? This has been a problem to actually see any of the portable fridges. From buying and owning and wearing out so many backpacks, I always take the volume specs with a grain of salt. We know what we carry with us so we take it to a shop and ask permission to load up packs - sorry ropes, bags, artificial weight doesn't count when we are spending several hundred dollars. If a shop won't accommodate..........guess who's not making a sale. In this case we know the usual grub, drinks, etc., we usually carry. I'd like to know for sure the volume works before buying.

Also a test report - here

No I didn't see that there were dealers. Can you provide a link? This has been a problem to actually see any of the portable fridges. From buying and owning and wearing out so many backpacks, I always take the volume specs with a grain of salt. We know what we carry with us so we take it to a shop and ask permission to load up packs - sorry ropes, bags, artificial weight doesn't count when we are spending several hundred dollars. If a shop won't accommodate..........guess who's not making a sale. In this case we know the usual grub, drinks, etc., we usually carry. I'd like to know for sure the volume works before buying.

Also a test report - here

Ski go to equip1.com It's the web site from the video you posted.They list dealers around the country.
I also like to visit a product if I can before I purchase.In this case I have to rely on all the info at hand.Your input was very helpful and thank you.I also have to weigh the usefulness to me of the product,cost and will it fit my needs.
Yes there are other fridges out there that may or may not be better.If you wanted to spend huge amounts of $ the National Luna might be the way to go,but that unit doesn't fit my needs.As for country of origin,seems like most are made somewhere in Asia.
My unit will be here by the end of the week.I am going to do some tests on power usage and will post the results.
Once again I will state that all products don't work the same for everyone,based on lots of situations.I think the tests seem to fair well for the product.Since most seem to have Engels or AMB types the Indel B does well matched with them.
Frank

Anyone thinking about purchasing one of these should check out the truckfridge.com they have the best price I was able to find.Four wheeled mag an ad for them the TB31 through TB51/$610 to $700.The truckfridge co has them for around $550 delivered.There is a lot of info out there on these products just search Indel TB series.Some sites have comparisons to all the major brands and the Indel holds it's ground with them some at over double the price.hope this info helps.
Frank

I recently got the Dometic CF-18 model from PPL as well for just over $350 delivered. Good customer service. Quick delivery. Still early.. but it seems pretty durable. And it works well. And you sure can't beat that price. May be small for some, but I couldn't fathom lugging around something bigger.

These Indel B fridges are now on sale at TruckFridge online -

TruckFridge Online Store

I just ordered one.

I think you will like this unit.Did you get the 50 size? I have been running mine set at 39* since Friday 5pm ,with my 45w solar it has been working great. I keep it set on the high setting for the battery protector.The temp inside cycles between 41-39,although the small compartment runs about 8* warmer. The handles I made are simple and don't take up any room.
If you want info on the handles let me know.
Frank

I think you will like this unit.Did you get the 50 size? I have been running mine set at 39* since Friday 5pm ,with my 45w solar it has been working great. I keep it set on the high setting for the battery protector.The temp inside cycles between 41-39,although the small compartment runs about 8* warmer. The handles I made are simple and don't take up any room.
If you want info on the handles let me know.
Frank

Yup, I went with the TF-51. I think I can accommodate it with my planned minor remodel and it is now the same price as the 41. :)............now a little bigger battery and some solar.

Ski do you have the new battery isolator from Marty? Just checked my unit,the fridge still fridging,the battery still charging,and the best part the truck battery is now charging.I only have a 45w panel,thought I might add another 55w but the wife said "what for"so for now we have what we have.It will be interesting on our trip in 3 weeks to see how all this works.So far so good.I have filled the fridge with water bottles,the temp holds at the set temp.
Frank

...I only have a 45w panel,thought I might add another 55w but the wife said "what for"...

"What for"?? Because 100w is more than 45w! What more reason do you need?
biggrin.gif

............now a little bigger battery and some solar.

Just a thought, unless of course you REALLY want solar...but I bought a Sears Diehard Platinum marine battery Group 31 after I bought my ARB fridge. The longest I have ever stayed in one location with the fridge plugged in is 3 days but it doesn't even phase the battery. The only other electrical we really use is for our fluorescent lights in the evenings for food prep but I'm guessing the battery could easily handle another two days before really needing a charge.

Anyway, if you are buying a new battery you might give it a try before you plunk down for solar. Like us, you guys don't seem to stay in one place for very long. I was pretty convinced that I HAD to add solar when i got the fridge but a year later I still don't see the need. Food for thought, though I understand you may have different circumstances/uses in mind. Either way, enjoy the new fridge!

Just a thought, unless of course you REALLY want solar...but I bought a Sears Diehard Platinum marine battery Group 31 after I bought my ARB fridge. The longest I have ever stayed in one location with the fridge plugged in is 3 days but it doesn't even phase the battery. The only other electrical we really use is for our fluorescent lights in the evenings for food prep but I'm guessing the battery could easily handle another two days before really needing a charge.

Anyway, if you are buying a new battery you might give it a try before you plunk down for solar. Like us, you guys don't seem to stay in one place for very long. I was pretty convinced that I HAD to add solar when i got the fridge but a year later I still don't see the need. Food for thought, though I understand you may have different circumstances/uses in mind. Either way, enjoy the new fridge!

Appreciate the info Mr. Sun! I guess my story is pretty similar, I'm convinced I need it. I will do the SunMan approach now and do it a step at a time. On top of it, on the last few trips, I've been worrying and watching the amount of sun available at our campsites. I was figuring it was almost enough work eye balling for level, finding and stacking rocks................so if we don't have to also orient for sun...........I could live with that. Again, appreciate the info. I've been looking for the biggest amp hour battery I can fit.

"What for"?? Because 100w is more than 45w! What more reason do you need?
biggrin.gif

Yeh Mark,that's what I said but it didn't get me very far.And since I tell her how great the system is working...well what can I say.Actually the panel is enough for what we do but another would make the recharge time quicker.
Frank

Mr Sun I think has hit it on the head.We also don't stay in one place long so the truck can recharge the system,but I do like having the panel though.I don't worry much about alinement if I don't have the canoe but with it that I have to consider the shadow of it on the panel.So far not a problem.When the time comes for a new battery I would look for the largest one to fit in the space. I just checked for sure,mine is a Interstate DCM0075,don't know where that fits in the realm from good to OK.
Good to get other views,more info the better.
Frank

HOLY MOLY!!

I was hoping for a sale when I bought mine but was not so lucky...I swallowed it at full price
sad.gif

HOLY MOLY!!
I was hoping for a sale when I bought mine but was not so lucky...

I guess this was my lucky week, fridge on sale, big battery on sale. :D

Back
Top Bottom