Trying to buy from Canada

davereston

We are thinking of crossing the border to the states to buy a used hawk . Has any one been through the procedure and do we have to pay state taxes and duty at the border . Will they allow us to drive through the border?

If you purchase one from an individual I don't see why you'd have to pay any taxes. Get a bill of sale in case you need it and drive over the boarder. I don't know how the boarder agents would know you purchased it in the US unless they ask and not sure why they would. If there's a duty to be paid on the Canadian side, that's a different story. In Idaho, you don't have register the camper or pay taxes on it. Insurance? Yes.

I bought my Alaskan in th US. All you need to come home is the bill of sale. Customs will charge you GST on the declared value so make sure its reasonable. Takes a very short time no inspections. Have fun!

stop in at your insurance company and pick up a bill of sale. fill it out with seller, and pay your sales tax at border.

If you buy from a dealer outside of a state like OR you may have to pay state taxes.

Back
Top Bottom