Turnbuckle door screens

Brock,

I didn't get the Arctic Pack, thinking we wouldn't be out much in cold weather. Since then, there have been lots of nights down to freezing. Maybe I should reconsider. The Fleet (2014) came with 2" velcro along the sides at the ceiling for the Arctic Pack and I have found it very useful for attatching other stuff: paper towel holder, coat and hat hooks, smoke detector, various bags and holders, etc. I would have to give all that up if I use the Arctic Pack!

- Bernard

My Fleet will have the drivers side window add - do you guys think I would benefit from opening the turnbuckle ports as well? I really like the design, but am unsure there will be any added benefit.

Hello, I would also be interested in a pair with spare pair as well. Fastening to Camper, you mention acrylic adhesive, your photo shows a backside mount with the camper off the truck, I suppose a staple gun could be used? If you wanted access to your turnbuckle (I get my Camper next week), not sure how often you have to check, I get how, with tabs, you can pull off screen from inside the camper, I do not get how you would reattach from inside the Camper?
Will you try to screen no-see-um netting on your roof vent(s)? I live in California, but have one unpleasant experience with no-see-ums, and will consider replacing my thermal pack netting if not adequate and will look at my vents as well. Can anyone comment on FWC netting?

I used some 1/8" baltic birch, cut a hole in it and siliconed some screen door netting onto the back. I slide this one in to replace the standard ones when I want ventilation.

full

full

bfh4n said:
Brock,

I didn't get the Arctic Pack, thinking we wouldn't be out much in cold weather. Since then, there have been lots of nights down to freezing. Maybe I should reconsider. The Fleet (2014) came with 2" velcro along the sides at the ceiling for the Arctic Pack and I have found it very useful for attatching other stuff: paper towel holder, coat and hat hooks, smoke detector, various bags and holders, etc. I would have to give all that up if I use the Arctic Pack!

- Bernard
Bernard

I use my installed thermal liner velcro to hang stuff too but when I build my thermal liner I will just add a strip on the outside so I can continue using it. I was hoping you had one b/c I need some measurements and I see you are in VA.

Brock

Stokeme said:
Hello, I would also be interested in a pair with spare pair as well. Fastening to Camper, you mention acrylic adhesive, your photo shows a backside mount with the camper off the truck, I suppose a staple gun could be used? If you wanted access to your turnbuckle (I get my Camper next week), not sure how often you have to check, I get how, with tabs, you can pull off screen from inside the camper, I do not get how you would reattach from inside the Camper?
Will you try to screen no-see-um netting on your roof vent(s)? I live in California, but have one unpleasant experience with no-see-ums, and will consider replacing my thermal pack netting if not adequate and will look at my vents as well. Can anyone comment on FWC netting?
I suppose a staple gun could be used?
I don't see why you could not use a staple gun to add some security

I get how, with tabs, you can pull off screen from inside the camper, I do not get how you would reattach from inside the Camper?
You actually use the tabs to install the screens. Just pull on tabs to lock velcro together. To un-install you would push on the corner of a screen to break the bond of the velcro. I may have to post a video.

Will you try to screen no-see-um netting on your roof vent(s)?
When I changed my Fantastic Fans to Maxxair Fans I did end up adding some no-see-um to the screens.

replacing my thermal pack netting if not adequate
Once the camper is on the truck I am going to work on a prototype for addable no-see-um screens for the pop-up windows. It is in the garage right now and I can't pop it to take measurements.

badtoytrd said:
From what I have seen the air is a tad cooler coming from the turnbuckle ports.
Thanks for your input, badtoy. If you decide to make these available, put me down for four.

Mark

badtoytrd said:
It does sound like I have quite a bit of interest. I am trying to come up with pricing....what would be a price you would be willing to spend on a set of 2?
Half of what you would charge for four. :D

May I suggest a test sale? That is sell one of us a set for what you "think" is reasonable profit for you. Let them turn around a quick test and critique of product. If they feel it works as described and it's worth it than go with it. The test results can be public but you and he discuss prices privately. I believe all of us that have purchased the FWC are willing to pay a proper price for a proper product.

I broke out the sewing machine this weekend and made up 2 sets (4 screens). The ones I made are 8" x 13" because I was going off of my Fleet's turnbuckle opening size which is roughly 7" x 12". I am going to offer these up priced at $40 (set of 2 screens...free shipping) as a test sale. If you are interested please send me a private message and I will provide purchase instructions but please ensure that the 8" x 13" dimension is correct for your camper as I do not have any other camper dimensions. If this sale goes well I will post a link here to the "gear exchange" so that we are following the proper protocol. I will also consider making other dimensions (cost may vary) depending on the outcome of the test sale.

That’s good to hear.
I have a 2007 Hawk and my driver’s side front turnbuckle door opening is approximately 8.5” x 6.25” and the rear door is smaller.
The passenger side doors are hidden inside the storage area below the rollover couch, so no need to put vents on that side.
I don’t think the current test covers will work for me, so I’ll wait for the next batch.
Good luck with your new business venture!

Hi, you mentioned in an earlier post about a video ... that would help, or maybe a few more photos ... thanks
Can you do the initial install with your Camper on the truck?

Back
Top Bottom