Two New Fleets Cleared for Take-Off

steelhead

Our friends, John and Terry, were the first ones to find FWC several years ago and got us thinking about one about a year ago. After months of research and thinking about it intensely, we both ordered Fleets in February. They were delivered and installed in Reno last Saturday. Our trip home to Oregon was pleasantly uneventful but I think I need to adjust the air bag and tire pressure as the ride was a little bouncy at times. Below and in the next few posts are a few pics of the installations, the exterior and interiors.

Once again, thanks to everyone who posts on this forum. All the information, especially the answers to my many questions, really helped us with our decisions. Both couples are very happy with our campers.

John and Terry in front of their Fleet:
J_and_T.JPG

The plates that Tacomas mount on (note the rubber mats):
Truck_Mounts.JPG

Curt from FWC lowering it down:
JT_Mount.JPG

steelhead's galley:

jj-galley1.JPG

jj-galley2.JPG

jj-galley3.JPG

As you can see, the options we chose are slightly different. J&T liked the European cabinet look with the bench seat, we liked the blond cabinets with the side dinette because the window is more in view. Hopefully the comparison shots will help anyone out there trying to visualize the options.

Thanks again everyone - we hope to run into some or many of you as we start our wandering. Cheers!

Yup, use 'em, get them dirty!

Get 'em dirty and post photos from your trips. We do love the photos!

Congrats to both of you. Great looking rigs. FWC and Tacomas just look made for each other!

I bet it felt like a long wait. I just put my deposit down yesterday for a Hawk shell and I don't know what I'm gonna do with myself while it's being built.

Enjoy them ASAP!

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. Regarding trips, J&T are heading out on a cross country trip (Reno to Maine) in a few weeks. We will be a little less ambitious. Weekends at a ski area on Mt Hood until they close in late April and then exploring the east side of the Cascades in Washington and Oregon. As ski3pin said....time to get it dirty.

And imcolej, hopefully the time will go by quickly for you so it will soon be your turn for some posts and pics.

Good camping everyone!

steelhead

Glad to see your photos and interesting to see the options. I'm working on my Fleet's inaugural voyage trip report (4 days in New Mexico State Parks) and hope to have it posted here on WtW in a day or two.

Wow!
Two at once. Very cool. Can't wait to see 'em dirty.
:D

Great pics of the differences in interiors. Just what I wanted to see. They both look great. Doesn't make my decision process any easier.

Back
Top Bottom