U.S. made Aluminum flatbed?

DarinH

What are the best US made aluminum trays, for overlanding with a flatbed camper, that are of similar design as the Australian made Norweld trays.

For what size truck? There are a number of options for a full size, but the selection is pretty limited for mid-size trucks. If you are looking for a lower cost option, ute-bed sells simple trays for mid- and full-sized trucks.

rando said:
For what size truck? There are a number of options for a full size, but the selection is pretty limited for mid-size trucks. If you are looking for a lower cost option, ute-bed sells simple trays for mid- and full-sized trucks.
F250 with 6.75' bed

There are lots of options, CM Truck Beds, Aluma, Alumline, Knapheide etc. Most of these are not quite as refined as the Norweld, but would work for a flatbed camper, and I think they are cheaper if that is the goal.

I think someone here had a nice looking custom tray made by a tank company in NM, but I don't remember the details. I have the simplest Ute Bed tray and then added my own toolboxes, drawers etc.

pvstoy said:
https://www.largotank.com/

Largo Tank & Equipment, Inc. - Farmington, NM
Durango here on this site had two custom made for FWC flatbeds. I now have the Hawk and he has a Grandby.
Darin, especially since you're close to these folks (They're 50 miles south of Durango) I wouldn't even hesitate. Totally custom flatbeds, absolutely bombproof, VERY reasonable and a delight to work with. Call (505) 327-6281 and ask for Adam. (Tell him 'Durango Steve' sent you!)

I've never deciphered how to post photos here but if you want some pictures of my unit just email me at steve.toburen@gmail.com

Per a thread elsewhere, make sure it's mounted at correct height for neither too much nor too little cab clearance. And, make sure mounting is solid. Some installers use blocks, shims, and hardware that won't be secure. And, make sure your tires will always have adequate clearance.

We are having Sheptek do a flatbed for us for or Ford F250. The folks there are wonderful to work with and do quality work.

kramme said:
We are having Sheptek do a flatbed for us for or Ford F250. The folks there are wonderful to work with and do quality work.
How long until they have it ready for you? Do you mind telling me the price?

I've looked at a lot of them. If you just need a flatbed, that one thing, but if you want well conceived, well built, extra storage, I haven't seen anything as cool as Sherptek. Maybe Highway Products could get you there, by copying a Sherptek. They make nice stuff too.

eyemgh said:
I've looked at a lot of them. If you just need a flatbed, that one thing, but if you want well conceived, well built, extra storage, I haven't seen anything as cool as Sherptek. Maybe Highway Products could get you there, buy copying a Sherptek. They make nice stuff too.
I checked them out. Pretty sweet system, but a lot more than I'm looking to spend.

kramme said:
I'd love to see photos of it after you get it installed.

Back
Top Bottom