Under bed storage

Huckfest

Has anyone added the flip up bed storage on they’re camper? I’m like the fact that I can put all my clothes in there and get rid of one of the bags I have to travel with.

I see that it comes as add on option Now.

Huckfest said:
Has anyone added the flip up bed storage on they’re camper? I’m like the fact that I can put all my clothes in there and get rid of one of the bags I have to travel with.

I see that it comes as add on option Now.
I haven't heard of that option. I didn't see it on the option sheet. How much are they charging for that upgrade?

Ya. The ones I’ve seen are on the flat beds. Would love to add to my Hawk.

It is a requirement on flatbeds with the longer queen sized cab over - you need the extra height for a larger Al C-channel to support the longer bed. It is useful, but not that useful as you have to lift the roof to access it. We store clothes and pillows in ours, but it is a little bit of a pain as you have to carefully think about what clothes you could possibly need for the day each morning and pull those out as you can't easily grab a fleece out if you need one later.

^ if that's the case I'd rather have a deeper bed that accommodated all the bedding and pillows left on with the top down. Then I'd have a ready made bed like a hard side.

I know the depth is a bit better on the FWCs newer than mine but on ours we have remove our nder mattress pads and strip the bed before dropping the top. All that stuff then needs to be stored away which mops up valuable space. Then there's the time needed to make up again etc.

For us a 6" deeper overcab bed would be a welcome improvement even for the pull out bed design.

At least on our fleet flatbed, we can leave our bedding (except pillows) on the bed. We have the Froli sleep system, stock mattress, sheets and comforter and arctic pack with no issues closing the lid. The cabover section is much thicker than on the slide-ins though.

We really like having the underbed storage of the flatbed models. (I disliked living out of duffle bags.) However, as Rando says you do need to plan for the day since it isn't easily accessible.)

We keep our jackets and pile vests, etc in the cab.

Back
Top Bottom