Unicorn vintage FLeet

SloanKeterine

Advanced Member
Anyone have any info on this size of Fleet ? It doesn’t seem to be modified but the halo (bed area ) seems larger then the normal vintage Fleet that I come across. Thanks for the wisdom. Josh 72070AA9-14D1-467B-87C2-B47560E6141E.jpeg

Could you re-phrase the question? I don't quite see what you're asking.

(Perhaps because I'm unfamiliar with the term 'halo' in this context)

The over hang of the camper that covers the top of the cab. The overhang looks longer .

Some older FWC campers had a shorter bed overhang.
Maybe 24/30",don't know the exact size.
You might PM billharr he had a FWC with the shorter overhang.
Yours looks like the normal 48" overhang.
Frank

SloanKeterine said:
The over hang of the camper that covers the top of the cab. The overhang looks longer .
Ah. Thanks for the clarification.

I imagine you've seen some like the one in this post (and thus the question):

'80s used Four Wheel Camper Fleet pop up camper SOLD

All I can add is I know FWC used to have an 'extended cabover option' and I assume you're seeing some with the option, some without.

Here's a post showing photos of Kestrels (cut-down Hawks) with both standard and extended cabovers....

What is the Kestrel model? post 3

In this post from 2010, Stan tells us the standard cabover was 32" and the extended was 48" by that time and it was April, 2010 when FWC stopped offering the 32" one. (But that doesn't tell us what was going on in the 80s).

Stan's September 2010 post

Also- I could be completely wrong on the extended cabover theory. It may be as simple as FWC changed from the very short width to a new standard width in a particular model year.

If anyone has more info, please reply.

And if anyone knows how wide that very short overhang is in that first link, please reply.

Hi OLD CROW

We all know why you wouldn't know what a Halo is....you old devil you.

David Graves

DavidGraves said:
Hi OLD CROW

We all know why you wouldn't know what a Halo is....you old devil you.

David Graves
Unicorns and Halos and Devils. What did I blunder into here?

:)

(Hi, David. Hope you enjoy your new Grandby!)

Back
Top Bottom