UPPER CONTROL ARMS

penner

So, while I was replacing the rear shocks on my 2020 Trail Boss with Bilsteins I had my mechanic do a check on the front end.Turns out the control arm ball joints are shot and since the ball joints aren't replaceable I have to buy upper and lower arms. Apparently this is a problem with the Trail Bosses. Truck only has 110,000 km so I was kinda surprised. Thinking I would be best to go to an aftermarket upper arm that would accommodate the 2" lift. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have a 20 Silverado Z71 and would like someday to get a 2" lift. During my research I have seen these mentioned many times and they seem to be a popular option.

As far as the LCAs are concerned, I think the lower stock option would be good. I think the only reason to replace these is if your looking for more travel.

Again, I have not used this product, just some ideas for you. Let us know what you end up going with!

garyoNC

After contacting a few of different shops I decided to just replace the UCA's with factory ones. They said if I was going to raise the truck any more than the 2" factory lift then I should consider it.

Back
Top Bottom