utilities help!

Skeeter

I finally got some time after my move to pull my 97' Ranger 2 from storage and start cleaning her up. I tried to start the fridge and have no idea how to get it going. I did find a link on here about the furance, no luck there either. Can anyone throw me a bone on how these things work? I did charge up the battery and the lights, water pump works good. I checked the fuses also. Thanks-

[URL="http://www.wanderthewest.com/pg/data/500/DSC05719.JPG[/img[/IMG"]http://www.wanderthewest.com/pg/data/500/DSC05719.JPG[/img[/IMG[/URL]]

[IMG][img][URL="http://www.wanderthewest.com/pg/data/500/DSC05653.JPG[/img"]http://www.wanderthewest.com/pg/data/500/DSC05653.JPG[/img[/URL]]

You may or may not know this (I didn't at first) you need to turn on the propane knob on the fridge control panel AND hold it down while igniting it until the flame gets going for a couple seconds and heats up. There is a safety valve that won't stay open when there is no flame on there.

Anyways first thing is fire up the stove for a minute to make sure you are getting propane through the lines, then try and fire up the fridge/furnace.

Glad to see the bird nest got cleaned out of the fridge panel. ;)

Skeeter:

WARNING: Only use ONE power source at a time: propane, AC, or DC. I think you burn things up with 2 going at once.

WARNING: Level the refer before using for extended periods. (Non issue while driving.)

I cool the refer by throwing a 1 gallon ice jug in the refer and letting it cool overnight on AC power. It takes a long time for gas absorption refers to cool down... I travel and camp using propane using the [post=15193]relighter[/post] mod.

12v DC
The red button all the way right. Only use it while driving, it won't cool the innards, just keep them cool. The 12v refer draws a lot of power: maybe as much as 140 watts. I rarely use 12v.

120v AC
The green button and knob above it. Colder inside is higher on the knob, I believe (i.e. 7 is colder than 5). You might think this knob is for DC, but no, it's AC only.

Propane
The knob to the left and red push button above it.

To start: turn the knob to high. Push it down and hold it. Push the red ignition button to light (maybe it'll take, huge PITA) keep holding the propane knob down for at least 10 seconds.

On mine, I need to hold the propane button down for 30 seconds or so before the igniter has any fuel; then I must hold the button down another 30 seconds or so so it won't go out... The [post=15193]relighter[/post] was a necessity. (If you want help with the mod, let me know.)

Thanks!!!

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I got everything working great. Here are a few pics of our trip out to Lynx creek to do a little panning. -Skeeter
picture.php

picture.php

Don't get no better!

Skeeter,

Nice looking truck, FWC camper, a sweetie with a great smile and a camp in the trees. It just don't get no better!

Happy Trails!
'birds

So after you have it all cleaned up does it need more or less work than expected? (looks like less). Going to still try and remove those wings or just leave them on?

life is good

It still needs a few major repairs, but overall......I think I got a good price for it. I decided to take out everything yesterday and just start out with an empty shell. My truck really struggles on the climbs and it may be a while till I can replace it. The only option that we really wanted to keep was the furance for those trips up North. The vinyl and front hinge need some attention, but they work for now. I do have some holes that also need to be repaired, does anyone know where you can get replacement siding? The best part is that my gal loves camping more than anyone! -Skeeter

wings

I am planning on taking the wings off, I just want to get more siding in case I get carried away!

It still needs a few major repairs, but overall......I think I got a good price for it. I decided to take out everything yesterday and just start out with an empty shell. My truck really struggles on the climbs and it may be a while till I can replace it. The only option that we really wanted to keep was the furance for those trips up North. The vinyl and front hinge need some attention, but they work for now. I do have some holes that also need to be repaired, does anyone know where you can get replacement siding? The best part is that my gal loves camping more than anyone! -Skeeter

Chat w/ FWC or ATC to see if they can send you some would likely be your best bet.

Back
Top Bottom