Venting a refrigerator.

Toddhom

Advanced Member
Is my 2001 Eagle that came with an icebox framed for a vent opening? I have taken out my ice box and I am preparing to install a Truckfridge TF65 AC/DC. Would I need one or two vents?

Todd

You want cross flow of air across the compressor coils. Your truckfridge will have a fan already mounted, pulling air in and over the coils and compressor. If you add an additional fan (I wired mine to come on with the TF's fan) it has to take air direction into account. I have a outside vent right where the compressor coils and TF fan are, and another fan inside the cabinetry that pushes the warm air into the camper. Bug screen is essential!

The frame picture attached is from 2002/2003, but should be the same.

Cut as your own risk. Not all FWC camper frames we created the same over the years.

But that said, it should be somewhat easy if you have basic skills.

Have a great weekend !

Stan

Attachments

• Eagle Frame.jpg
    Eagle Frame.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 147
  • P1010002.JPG
    P1010002.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 163
  • P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 150
  • P1010010.JPG
    P1010010.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 137
  • P1010012.JPG
    P1010012.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 125
Thanks Stan. FWC Has such good customer service. One of the many reasons to buy one of these campers.
Todd

Stan@FourWheel -- Any chance you have similar shots for a 2002-2004 Hawk? If so, I would sure appreciate it if you could post them here. Bought my Hawk (lightly used) in 2004 from Willy at your old Corona/Riverside store. It's still going strong after 16 years of camping, just a little worn here and there.

Jay

Stan@FourWheel said:
The frame picture attached is from 2002/2003, but should be the same.

Cut as your own risk. Not all FWC camper frames we created the same over the years.

But that said, it should be somewhat easy if you have basic skills.

Have a great weekend !

Stan

When I put in my fridge I had Marty at All Terrain Campers put in the access hatch/vent and I still wasn't satisfied with the ventilation so I added the upper vent and fan. The fan is tied into the fridge, only runs when the fridge does.

I did just the top vent on my Hawk shell build
vent+fridge.jpg

Extra insulation around the fridge and one fan tied to the fan on the fridge. I also added a switch to the exhaust fan to I could turn it on in hot weather. NOTE I have now added another exhaust fan and a button thermostat that turns the exhaust fans on in hot weather.

P1110749.JPG

Thank you everyone that has responded to my post. Every suggestion and bit of information has been valuable.

Todd

Back
Top Bottom