Vernal Equinox 2014 - Springtime!

Dang! All weekend it was hot and super windy, now I go to have my morning cup of coffee (Melitta filtered of course) on the deck and instead I have to pull in all the deck furniture and come inside. Now the sky is covered with those big snow like white grey puffy clouds--must be spring, now where did I put my snow shovel?

Smoke

Smokecreek1 said:
.................................................................... now where did I put my snow shovel?
our snow shovels are next to the snowblower...............................

springtime question - should I empty the 5 gallon gas can for the snowblower into the truck?

ski3pin said:
our snow shovels are next to the snowblower...............................

springtime question - should I empty the 5 gallon gas can for the snowblower into the truck?
Answer - after Memorial Day.

Mothers day weekend last year, it snowed at out place in Dorrington. Didn't last but a short time,but up toward Lake Alpine and Ebbetts Pass there was about 4" and coming down pretty strong.
Don't give up on winter.
Frank

As I returned home last night from 3 weeks wandering, coming up US 97 into south-central Oregon I was greeted by wet snowfall sticking to the windshield and building up on the wiper blades -- and sticking on the ground in the higher elevations...but all of it was under 5000 feet, so kinda surprising.

Well...it shouldn't be really surprising. It could snow here in late May and it would be unusual, but not shocking.
Maybe it just startled me a little since I encountered some upper-80s in the lower Escalante River area a week ago. But that's southern Utah -- NOT central Oregon.

Hot with a cool wind here in the land of the "Never Sweats". After snow/hail and nasty nasty winds last week this warm front has hit us! Me thinks off to the Sheldon mid week-weather looks nice up there for that loop, then maybe the Steens! Gotta use the nice weather before it gets to hot up there!

Smoke

I think Spring took a left turn and high tailed it on it out. Officially made it up to 98 today. One more day till it begins to cool down. Its loads of fun at work.

craig333 said:
I think Spring took a left turn and high tailed it on it out. Officially made it up to 98 today. One more day till it begins to cool down. Its loads of fun at work.
Where I used to work, back in the early days when the company couldn't/didn't afford air conditioning, the Boss had a rule that if it got above 90° in the building that he'd buy us ice cream.

Maybe you could suggest that policy to your management, Craig...maybe you could make beer floats.

Definitely mid spring here with a thick coat of Ponderosa Pine pollen everywhere and we can't sleep past 5 am. The robins and grossbeaks are loud with the morning sun....................................

I can hear this on my roof right now.
Heavy showers! (well, heavy for Bend)

Medford-Visible_20140519-1.jpg

Hmmm...maybe "hearing" means I need more insulation in my attic. :unsure:

Yup, we got showers also along with a couple impressive thunderstorms. It dramatically warmed up today, enough so the bedroom window is open tonight. A chorus of coyotes sang and then a skunk sprayed way way way too close..............ah, spring!

I still haven't left windows open overnight yet, but I will once the daytime temps start making me want to pre-cool the house overnight. And then they'll be open every night for the duration.

Typical...
This shows why the area west of the Cascade Range is lush and green...and why I'm glad I live on the east side:

gallery_2431_332_4288.gif

We seem to be racing toward the summer solstice and the changing of the seasons. Everyone must have noticed how long the daylight is now? We are looking forward to the solstice and reveling in all our pagan rituals. :)

ski3pin said:
We seem to be racing toward the summer solstice and the changing of the seasons. Everyone must have noticed how long the daylight is now? We are looking forward to the solstice and reveling in all our pagan rituals. :)
Hmmmmm, pagan rituals. Maybe I can get out to 'Pinehenge'. May need to sacrifice a good burger, too.

We are defnintely looking forward to it. Our annual ritual of blowing off our usual evening fitness regimes for a run up to our favorite hiking area followed by a late dinner al fresco is always and enjoyable start of the new season.

Back
Top Bottom