Volcano & Indian Grinding Rock, California - April 2018

Looks like an atypical Ski3Pin trip, but a really nice one. Great park, and Volcano looks like a super interesting place. Were you tempted to try the moose milk?

Thanks for sharing!

Oh, and congrats to Cathy on here upcoming retirement and new life as an RV owner! Let me know when you’re doing the blueberry pancakes...

I enjoyed your report. Seems the ladies missed an excellent chance to test the new trailer's kitchen by making blueberry pancakes for you- another lesson learned. :p Oh well, maybe next time...

Worked allot of years in that country both in and before BLM and your TR brings back allot of good memories and stories. Seems to me (I think) that some time in the deep dark past, I worked on a project with BLM in the 70's that transferred some Public land to the the Grinding Rock site. That place is really interesting and as an interpretive/educational site is very well done and one of the best-we need more of these. Ah the memories!!! Thanks guys!

Smoke

Back in the late 80's we went to the Volcano/Indian Grinding Rock several times.
Really impressed with the Grinding Rock SP.
Also saw a couple shows at the play house.Great times and nice to see them all these years latyer.
Thanks for the nice report and taking the time to share.
Frank

Brought back memories. Been a long long time since I've been there. Looks like its been improved in the intervening years.

That is a nice, quick trip and those are always better than no trip at all. I can't think of two better people to get Cathy on the right track for her camping future.

Ski, nothing like a good interpretive/educational trip. Very interesting place. We have found these type of trips to be very relaxing and grasping every bit of history one can uncover. Thanks for sharing. jd

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Looks like an atypical Ski3Pin trip, but a really nice one. Great park, and Volcano looks like a super interesting place. Were you tempted to try the moose milk?

Thanks for sharing!

Oh, and congrats to Cathy on here upcoming retirement and new life as an RV owner! Let me know when you’re doing the blueberry pancakes...
Thanks Mr. Sage! No moose milk for us .........unless we come upon a moose and get a stupid idea of trying to milk it. Don't suspect that'd happen.

Dughlas Stiubhart said:
Never seen so many Native mortars in one spot! Thanks for the photos.
Yes, they say the largest in North America.

takesiteasy said:
I enjoyed your report. Seems the ladies missed an excellent chance to test the new trailer's kitchen by making blueberry pancakes for you- another lesson learned. :p Oh well, maybe next time...
Well, I will confess that Cathy made fajitas for Julie & me Saturday night so working on pancakes Sunday morning was a good way of saying thank you. :)

GroovyDad said:
That is a nice, quick trip and those are always better than no trip at all. I can't think of two better people to get Cathy on the right track for her camping future.
Mr. Groovy, you are very kind, thank you! :)

Indian Grinding Rock State Historic Park is a great place. My sister in law is Miwok and in the leadership of the Ione Band. If you'd like to get a first hand experience attend the annual Chaw'se Big Time the fourth weekend in September.

Here is a link to last year's event - Chaw'se Big Time poster 2017

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Back in the late 80's we went to the Volcano/Indian Grinding Rock several times.
Really impressed with the Grinding Rock SP.
Also saw a couple shows at the play house.Great times and nice to see them all these years latyer.
Thanks for the nice report and taking the time to share.
Frank

craig333 said:
Brought back memories. Been a long long time since I've been there. Looks like its been improved in the intervening years.

longhorn1 said:
Ski, nothing like a good interpretive/educational trip. Very interesting place. We have found these type of trips to be very relaxing and grasping every bit of history one can uncover. Thanks for sharing. jd

Back
Top Bottom