Wander the West Members (add yourself here)

Dear Mr. Chlock--

(Or may I call you Flin?)

I transmogrified your dot.

:eek:
Thanks... 'flinchlock' is from, to flinch as one is shooting his flintlock.

I 'rendezvous' with a bunch of people that dress in clothing like the French and Indian War (1756) area... Daniel Boone long hunter shirts, and even a breech clout (an Indian diaper). Only canvas tents, no modern stuff in view, etc.

From Wikipedia..."Rendezvous" was the name used for the annual meeting of mountain men and fur buyers during the Western fur trade era, where trappers would exchange beaver skins for supplies and goods they wanted. These events occurred between the early 1820s and the 1840s, coming to an end when the price of beaver skins fell due to changes in fashion. It is now used for any gathering in the buckskinning historical re-enactment hobby.

Mike

rendezvous.jpg

I copied the most recent map to AutoCAD, placed a point on all 23 dots, got the X-Y coordinates of the dots, averaged the X's and the Y's, and came up with the green dot shown above as the central location so far.

Any suggestions on nearby gathering points, please post here.

Mark,

That's just about the location of Great Basin National Park, not a bad spot and very easy to get to. Ain't AutoCad a great tool.

Mark,

That's just about the location of Great Basin National Park, not a bad spot and very easy to get to.....

Nice job Mark.

I'll second GBNP as a unique place. Big mountains, deep caves, remote and scenic and I would guess one of the least-visited national parks. That would make a great meeting place for a FWC/ATC rally.

nice mark, i could make that location for sure...as long as it was far enough away to schedule accordingly. right on!

that was a good idea. but we need more dots!

OK, Jeff! How about if I put six more in Houston, then? :eek:

Just kidding, pal! :p :)

P.S.: Up to 27...

delete 2nd post on map please!

mark i added myself twice,one with pic one without,dont know how to delete one with out pic. any help? also has a spot been agreed on to have a get together,and a date? we are loose with our time and will probably spend a week or more where ever everyone agree to go.still sounds like it would bee a good trip. ( looking for a reason to take new tacoma on a trip!) drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"

Back
Top Bottom