Wanderthewest window sticker

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!
I read something during the past year about someone making the window sticker and having it available. Where can I get one?

camelracer said:
Dirty Dog made those when he ran the site. I'm not sure if they are still available.
Thanks. I saw somewhere a post by a woman member that was making them or offered to make them, but I can't find it.

John

This post got me thinking, I did PM the Lady who said she had some and did not get a reply. I asked my artist daughter if her fancy cutter could make me a sticker. She said sure. :)

She made me one in white (what I asked for) and it did not show against my white curtain.

She suggested green. She has a cutter that cuts shapes the same way as a printer prints. The vinyl has one sticky side
she made one to go on the outside and one to go on the inside. I decided on doing the inside as it would protect the
sticker better.
gallery_1903_734_22604.jpg

Finished vinyl after waste is removed.
gallery_1903_734_51104.jpg

She pressed a contact paper on to do the transfer. When pulled off it leaves the sticky side that goes to the glass
gallery_1903_734_11661.jpg

Pressing the contact transfer to the inside of the glass
gallery_1903_734_8434.jpg

Pressing the green letter to the glass.
gallery_1903_734_11008.jpg

Carefully removing the contact paper used for the transfer.
gallery_1903_734_34650.jpg

Finished, lots of reflection in this picture.
gallery_1903_734_43473.jpg

Looks good against my curtain
gallery_1903_734_17065.jpg

gallery_1903_734_53641.jpg

I have a great daughter. Not sure what the cost would be if anyone wanted one. I have a white and green that would go on the outside. I have no idea if the vinyl would hold up on the outside of the camper.

Bill

terryhensley1 said:
I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN ORDERING A FEW IF POSSIBLE - JUST LET ME KNOW HOW TO PROCEED - THANKS TERRY
terryhensley1@mac.com
I will ask my daughter what she would charge for the stickers. I will post up tomorrow and let the site know.

Daughter came over tonight, she said the stickers would cost:
$10.00 shipped for one, each additional $5.00 if shipped together. (USA)
The sticker she designed for me is 1" high and 9 1/2" long.

She needs to know the following:

Color: Black, White or Green
Inside mount or outside mount. I would recommend inside as the vinyl may wear over time outside.

This is the description of the material she uses: Premium vinyl has a stronger adhesive for indoor and outdoor use. It's gentle enough for most indoor walls, but resilient enough to withstand the sun and weather.

Paypal payment to Lgodi@comcast.net

If you want custom work (your name under the sticker, custom size or design, ect) [SIZE=12pt]Email her at [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Lgodi@comcast.net.[/SIZE]

I will make a Youtube video on how to install the sticker and post it up.

longhorn1 said:
I'm in also. Dumb question, how do you do the Paypal? Do you go to there website and follow the steps?
go to paypal and hit tab that send, enter email address. I think you can use a CC to make payment if you do not have an account. I have had an account for years so I am not 100% sure.

Bill as I already have a couple of the "dirty dog" stickers form years ago I don't need any. But thanks for taking this on as I am sure there are other members out there that would want them.
Yours looks great,your daughter did a terrific job on the sticker. Maybe if enough people are interested the price could be lowered.
Frank

Any chance ".COM" can be added to this sticker?

Most people would have NO clue what "WANDERTHEWEST" is.

Every person that has asked me about my ATC Cougar, I also tell them a very short story about the FWC/ATC history and then tell them about wanderthewest.COM

Mike

The last decal discussion was on the "Sightings" thread in the Lounge somewhere around post 233. Member "Bseek" was doing them and made a few for me. Haven't seen her on here in a while tho.

Sorry guys. I have been wandering the west (Ca, Or, Wa & Co) and haven't had good Internet. If the daughter wants to take this on that is great. I never thought of doing a reverse cut for inside the window.. I have a few white ones left if she doesn't come through. I get home on Friday so should be able to catch up then.

Two sources is a good thing. Only one person had ordered from the daughter and his mailed today. I am going to get to the video today on installing. The vinyl is not a decal and all letters are individual so use care when installing. Daughter said she can add the ".com" if you do not want it just cut if off.

Bill

Just got the video done. Will not win any awards but will show you how to put your vinyl sticker on.

Back
Top Bottom