wanted: Hawk in california

aaestrad

Advanced Member
Hi- We are looking for a Fourwheel Hawk camper to fit our 2003 Chevy Silverado 1500. Perhaps a Grandby, if it is not too heavy. If anyone has one that they are thinking of selling, or knows of a lead, please contact us.

I'm selling my 2004 Hawk FWC. It's in great condition with a king sized bed. 3 way fridge, house batt. with inverter, four corner jacks with swing our front brackets, Fantastic Fan, and scissors steps. I'd like to get 6K for it. If you have a short bed I think a Grandby might be a length issue.

Hey Jay, You are selling your Hawk! Dude, that thing is in cherry condition. I ought to buy it myself. How much do you want? I'll give you $6k for it if you can wait a couple of weeks.

I agree, no way a Grandby on a short bed. It looks lousy and makes for dangerous handling off-road or in emergency braking.

Wow. A potential sale in less than 11 minutes.

And folks wonder why these things are so tough to find used... :p

Hi Sunny,
Right now everything is on the back burner. I hope I have some news on the future this week. Thanks for asking.

Hi Sunny,
Right now everything is on the back burner. I hope I have some news on the future this week. Thanks for asking.

Roger that. Hope things are well. You've been mighty quiet around here lately.
smile.gif

Hey Jay, You are selling your Hawk! Dude, that thing is in cherry condition. I ought to buy it myself. How much do you want? I'll give you $6k for it if you can wait a couple of weeks.

I agree, no way a Grandby on a short bed. It looks lousy and makes for dangerous handling off-road or in emergency braking.

thanks for the advice. So, Hawk it is?????

What part of california? I'd consider parting with mine - I'm in Oregon.

I am in beautiful Long Beach. We are looking for something to take to Alaska this summer. If it is a good deal, we could travel a bit to look/buy.

Wow. A potential sale in less than 11 minutes.

And folks wonder why these things are so tough to find used... :p

How much, what do you have, and where are you? thanks.

Jay,

I've been wondering what you were up to also, keep us posted.

Hey, I thought this was about me :)

I am in beautiful Long Beach. We are looking for something to take to Alaska this summer. If it is a good deal, we could travel a bit to look/buy.

I've done many trips from Ventura to Alaska and Arctic Canada and back. It's a great trip, though you'll likely find BC, Yukon and NWT up to Inuvik to be the best part of the entire trip. Suggestions: Take Cassair Hwy as opposed to the Alaskan Hwy, visit Hyder along the way. Don't miss the Yukon River bush town of Eagle, Alaska (I was married there), Dawson City Yukon (best food is at Klondike Kates), the Dempster Hwy to Inuvik. At Denali, I strongly recommend the inside campground of Teklanika Camp. You must reserve and agree to stay 4 days without leaving, but at this camp I have seen many grizzlies and wolves.

And if you end up in Anchorage the Bear's Tooth theater and brewery is a blast! Avoid the Seward Peninsula, it is very densely visited by RV's and the sort. Way too crowded.

Alaskan historical Audiobooks you might consider listening to on your long drive up: "Coming Into the Country" by John McPhee, "Jason's Gold" and "Down the River" by Will Hobbs and my absolute favorite, "Kabloona". I think all are available on iTunes.

Enjoy your trip. If you have more questions feel free to ask.

Attachments

• Alaska 4.jpg
    Alaska 4.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 143
I'm selling my 2004 Hawk FWC. It's in great condition with a king sized bed. 3 way fridge, house batt. with inverter, four corner jacks with swing our front brackets, Fantastic Fan, and scissors steps. I'd like to get 6K for it. If you have a short bed I think a Grandby might be a length issue.

Hi,
I am not sure that my replies are working. Still trying to figure out the ins and outs of this website. But, I am very interested. Could you email me with more info. aaestrad@charter.net. Thanks.

CAn you give me more info. aaestrad@charter.net

I've done many trips from Ventura to Alaska and Arctic Canada and back. It's a great trip, though you'll likely find BC, Yukon and NWT up to Inuvik to be the best part of the entire trip. Suggestions: Take Cassair Hwy as opposed to the Alaskan Hwy, visit Hyder along the way. Don't miss the Yukon River bush town of Eagle, Alaska (I was married there), Dawson City Yukon (best food is at Klondike Kates), the Dempster Hwy to Inuvik. At Denali, I strongly recommend the inside campground of Teklanika Camp. You must reserve and agree to stay 4 days without leaving, but at this camp I have seen many grizzlies and wolves.

And if you end up in Anchorage the Bear's Tooth theater and brewery is a blast! Avoid the Seward Peninsula, it is very densely visited by RV's and the sort. Way too crowded.

Alaskan historical Audiobooks you might consider listening to on your long drive up: "Coming Into the Country" by John McPhee, "Jason's Gold" and "Down the River" by Will Hobbs and my absolute favorite, "Kabloona". I think all are available on iTunes.

Enjoy your trip. If you have more questions feel free to ask.

Wow! I will surely ask for more info. I really appreciate the tips. Right now, though, we are still working on the vehicle.

I'm waffling a bit here. I want to sell it but I also want to take one more trip before its gone. If you haven't found anything by the end of the year, let me know.

Back
Top Bottom