Water pressure reducer and partial hook up

super doody

Hi All,

We are heading up to Klammath Falls area to meet up with our friends from Seattle. We'll be staying at lake side "resort" for 3 day. The resort has partial hook ups. I have never camped at RV site before so I'm looking for some advice/input:

-What type of water pressure reducer do I need?
-I have the standard FWC provided plug which converts the stand household 110 3 prong to the 3 amp prong on the camper. Anything else I should bring for shore power?

Look forward to exploring the area and a chance to catching some trout!

Thanks,

Jim

You can contact Brenda at FWC. We bought our camper new, including the Go Anywhere Package, which included the pressure reducer gauge. You can also go to Camping World - www.campingworld.com and they care several choices. John

You'll need an extension cord to connect the adapter on your camper to the box at the site. We use a 10 or 12 foot 3 prong utility cord that I keep in the camper for those rare occasions when we have hookups available.

Alan

Yes and extension cord. Get a good heavy duty one. Electricity is the only thing we connect to when hookups are available.

We never hook up to water directly. I fill the tank before leaving and if staying in a campground with hookups fill the tank again before leaving. I do carry a 5 micron water filter and filter all water that goes into the camper.

Been thinking about getting a sewer line adapter that allows me to hook the gray water line directly to the sewer. Right now I just empty the gray water bag into the sewer connection if available.

John

2020 said:
...and get a 12 gauge extension cord - a long one. Electric hookup is not always close by.
and get one with the indicator light in the socket end, that way you know for sure it's actually powered.

While building a home, we lived in a trailer on site. Initially, we used a RV water pressure regulator and hooked up to a city line. A few days later our trailer experienced 120 PSI and the outcome was wet.

For camping, we only use the campground's water source to fill our FWC water tank.

Over the course of the last year, in addition to the 110v/30 adapter provided by FWC, I purchased the following:
  • 30amp extension cord (25'-30'), which is a 30/30, 3-prong into the camper and 3-prong into the 30amp box
  • 50amp adapter, 30amp on one end and 50amp on the other, so I can use the long 30amp cord and plug into the 50amp adapter and then into the box. Probably won't have to use the 50amp, but I'm prepared in case
  • 30amp surge protector (Camping World)
I also have a couple of heavy duty extension cords,

I would prefer living off solar, but in the Indiana and Texas State Parks they have electric so I will plug in. Especially in Indiana when the summer is hot and humid, I will bring my portable Air conditioning unit along to cool the camper during the day. I feel a whole better with the surge protector. John

Back
Top Bottom