Water Pump 2017 Hawk

Vic Harder said:
Hmmm. Well, if the pump was defective, then adjusting it would not likely help. Let us know how it goes!
New pump installed, works perfectly. At $90/pump, I'd say this was the right solution and much quicker than tinkering with the old pump.

I read through the messages and really appreciate all the info. I am not in a place where I can take the pump apart very easily (elk hunting). I made the mistake of not running the water after filling the tank for the first time this season until I got to camp. Pump won't prime even after inverting the filter housing and the placing water (through a tube) and toggling the on on/off switch as described in the FWC troubleshooting video. Water just sputters out in bursts like there is trapped air. Any other tricks to try short of disconnecting the pump and pulling it apart? Hoping to avoid that but suspect that's next!

Have you tried cycling the cold water valve on and off multiple times? That often fixes the issue.
Thanks for the tip but no luck! I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and pull the pump here at camp and worst case, I can always use the tap and let gravity do it's work. Thanks again.

Thank you but we have a tankless water heater. Bit the bullet and took out the pump and disassembled it to see if the check valve was stuck. It was not. Reassembled and re-installed but water only sputters in short bursts. Then took of the outlet hose and held my finger over the pump nozzle and the pressure sputtered there as well so the issue is not downstream of the pump.

I guess replacing it is the next step to eliminate the pump as the source of the problem?

Back
Top Bottom