Water system - using shore water?

Ronanmd1

Hey guys - what do I need to do to protect my water system when using shore power. I presume I need a pressure regulator. I picked up one at Canadian Tire. It is an RV water regulator but says it is factory set to 40 psi. Is this too high?

Also, I presume I just connect to the intake, keep the pump turned off, turn on the hose and then just use when I need?

I only used the tank and pump last year and we are heading to a camp spot this weekend that has shore power and water. Figured I better double check before I head out.

Thanks,

Jason

We carry one of the pressure regulators, a hose, and a 90° adapter so that the hose isn't sticking straight out horizontally from the camper causing it to kink. Never used any of it, but I keep it in the camper just in case.

Also have a dedicated extension cord that lives in the camper.

40 PSI should work just fine, my regulator is 40 PSI as well. Like ntsqd, I have never used it. So try it out on your rig and lets us know if you have any hoses burst. Just kidding, you will be alright.

Went to an outing recently with a buddy of mine in McCloud,CA using his travel trailer. We stayed overnight at a private rv facility. My buddy who has been rv-ing for many years shared with me that he always uses a pressure regulator when hooking up his trailer to a water system. Turns out that the water pressure at this facility was 70-80 psi at the hose bibs. I'm two weeks into rv-ing with my Hawk. I now possess a pressure regulator and intend to always use it when camping and hooked directly to a water system. I also have the 90 degree elbow.

Back
Top Bottom