Water Tank Doesn't Drain

MountainSufi

Howdy from Jackson Hole!

This summer I bought a replacement water pump for my 2017 side table Fleet & had it professionally installed. It has pumped perfectly.

I want to replace water in the tank for fresh. Opening up the drain stop cock valve on a full tank of water results in only a drip coming out (it took multi days to stop dripping). Looking at the brass stop cock valve (replaced several years ago) and "feeling" with a wire shows the ball valve inside rotating the way it's supposed to. IE, the water draining problem is not due a drain valve malfunction. It makes no difference whether the sink handle is open or closed. IE there is no vacuum bubble obstruction. I can't imagine a foreign substance somehow got into my water tank's drain line.

Might this be due to something evolving from water pump replacement? Is there a valve squirreled away somewhere I can't find causing find causing this?

Has anybody ever heard of such a strange thing?

I need water draining properly because 1) It's a handy way to fill water bottles 2) Lines & Tank are not being emptied completely & winter is approaching.

Thankx to all!!!

It seems like either something is blocking the drain line or something is blocking the overflow tube which is how air is going to enter the tank as water comes out. I don't see how it can be related to the water pump. As far as emptying the tank goes, I find the fasted way is to pump it out via the sink.

Dean

I'll be trying:

* Emptying cabinets & taking away shielding to see if something is blocking something (which is unlikely).
*I don't have an air compressor, but a bit of low pressure water up the drain stepcock should be a messy equivalent.
*I didn't want to bother my local dealer, but will seek his advice (gawd he's outta town a lot).

Thankx for responding. I'll post when I figure out what's keeping water from running downhill.

Probably not the issue but I know on my camper with the valve installed at the factory, if I turn it too far to the drain side, it won't drain I have to turn it back the other way a bit and then it does, basically mine can be turned so far over it allows the drain hole to close again.

SOLVED!!!

I bought a brass female to female water hose coupling.
Filled up my water tank. Opened the sink faucet for good luck not blowing out connections. Connected the female-female to my water hose and screwed that into the water storage drain stopcock.
Crossed my apprehensive fingers & turned on the water hose at low pressure.
VOILA!!!!
Almost instantly the overfill relief screen was gushing out water! The drain valve stepcock has an outflow of water when opened.

I wanted to fix this for two reasons:
1) I want to be able to reliably drain 100% of fresh water during Jackson Hole winters.
2) When the crappily built FWC water pump dies on a trip, your source of water will be that drain stepcock.

Thankew tribe for your support!

Back
Top Bottom