Water Tank Drain Spigot - Drip

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!
I noticed not long after I picked up the camper, that there appeared to be a small drip at the spigot. I moved it a little and that seemed to stop it. While removing the tarp to allow my solar to charge, I notice a small area the size of a quarter on the plywood sheet the camper sits on had a wet stain. I touched the spigot and my finger had moisture.

Has anyone else experienced this on the new campers? I would think this shouldn't be happening.

jd

It should not be happening. On mine, the valve is parallel to the back of the camper when off, although I am guessing you know where off is. :) You could try opening and closing the valve a bunch of times to see if it clears up. Careful not to break the valve handle! Slim chance a piece of something got in there that is causing it to leak.

Mine went brittle (I broke the valve handle) and I just ordered a possible replacement for it through Amazon.

The water tank drain spigot on mine broke so I found another at a trailer supply. Pretty standard. The spigot is screwed to the camper and the water line is clamped to it. You may want to take it off and see if the clamp is secure and in good condition.

Back
Top Bottom