Water tank gauge

Toddhom

Advanced Member
When I rewired my camper I eliminated the water tank gauge. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can use to replace it?

Todd Homchick

You could cut a vertical slot in the water tank cabinet that would allow you to see the level in the tank. There is a thread somewhere here on it.

The sensors are still attached to the tank. I wonder If I can find another monitor that I can attach the existing sensors to that would work. Maybe Stan will see this post and have a suggestion.

Toddhom said:
The tank in my 2000 Eagle is opaque white plastic. You really can’t see the water inside.
I like the slot method because it's low tech. Try a strong flashlight or perhaps a strategically placed led backlight with a push button to see the fluid level. I use a strong flashlight in my garage to see fluid levels in my opaque plastic containers like red gasoline, antifreeze, etc. The only containers where I have a problem are certain totally black oil containers. The strategic placement of the light source is the key.

I placed led lights, the kind that looks like a roll of tape, between the tank and the wooden box it sits in. Lights up the level nicely. Still hard to see, especially since the water is so clear (we hope!)

Back
Top Bottom