Weathercovers

Outnabout

Does anyone use a cover for their camper while it is on the truck? I think a Class B size cover would fit pretty well. I have a Ram 2500 with a Grandby. Any advice or experience welcomed.

JUST ordered a class B RV cover from amazon. At 22 ft log by 9 high and 9 wide I think it should fit (F250 w HAWK). Report to follow!

BigRanchInSky said:
JUST ordered a class B RV cover from amazon. At 22 ft log by 9 high and 9 wide I think it should fit (F250 w HAWK). Report to follow!
Thanks. Look forward to hearing your experience. Quality. Size, etc.

I found a cheap Sprinter cover on Craig's List. It was tight but it did fit. It was a PITA to put on and take off and seemed to catch on any sharp edge on the camper or solar system. I'm glad I only had $20 invested.
I would suggest that you find a cover that would be a loose fit and made with durable material. My cover had a soft inner surface to protect the vehicle finish that shredded on the sharp edges of the camper.

camelracer said:
I found a cheap Sprinter cover on Craig's List. It was tight but it did fit. It was a PITA to put on and take off and seemed to catch on any sharp edge on the camper or solar system. I'm glad I only had $20 invested.
I would suggest that you find a cover that would be a loose fit and made with durable material. My cover had a soft inner surface to protect the vehicle finish that shredded on the sharp edges of the camper.
Thanks. I think a loose fitted fit is best also. The ones I am looking at seem to ah e the right dimensions.

I have a friend with a mid 1980's FWC Keystone. He has always stored it inside and with the top up. The fabric is still flexible and not cracked. Clearly minimizing fold creases (caused by storing down for long periods) and UV exposure from the Sun helps extend the life.

I need to store ours in the driveway when not in use and I have come up with a concept to store it with the top up.

Replace some of the screws around the perimeter of the top with stainless steel snap fasteners.

Make a fabric skirt out of Top Notch 1S (from Sailrite or other vendor) which has snaps that attach to the top perimeter and which hangs down over the fabric sides down to the aluminum. That would allow storing with the top up to minimize creasing while protecting the fabric sides of the pop-up from UV.

I am also considering making it double walled with a pocket on the side facing the camper to insert insulation such as reflectix.

Anyone do anything like this?

Hi there, I have a similar set up F250 and Hawk, how did it work for you?
BigRanchInSky said:

Dude, whats the deal? Keeping us in suspense, or still drinking in the driveway?
BigRanchInSky said:

Back
Top Bottom