Well happy winter everyone

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie
Site Team
Winter has started in a big way over most of the country.
Big storms here along the west coast.
Looks like the "pineapple river" is flowing big time.
The rain is welcome but not the flooding.
Stay safe.
Frank

After 28" of snow, a warm storm is hitting this morning with heavy rain. What a way to begin Winter. The ice is gone and the snow is slop. Spring will be here before we know it. On to the Solstice! :)

This is certainly a very bad travel day for folks in the Sierra Nevada returning home from the Thanksgiving holiday break.

Went to Crater Lake yesterday. Grey, cold, 17* and howling wind. It was beautiful in its own way. Had a great day with the girl friend enjoying the outdoors. I can't wait for the next storm to blow through.

Nor'easter started a few hours ago.... supposed to stop Tuesday morning... 18+? .... at least the ground is frozen so less slop in moving it. IT is pretty to see.... but I know...I really know... I'll be happier to see it go. I guess age says so as time goes on if responsible for dealing with it.... It would be great to have a my very own 'snow removal person' .... then I'd really chill about the season... just watch out the window then frolic with the snowshoes.

We lucked out, spent the snowy T Day at friends in Sante Fe, then outflanked the storm (Flagstaff was not bad driving despite all the snow) and got to spend the next part of the trip at snow free Lee's Ferry. Red cliffs were pretty with fresh snow on them while the condors at Marble Canyon did not disappoint.

Time to mount the ski racks on top of the camper! I do like the weight of the camper for driving in winter conditions.

Agreed... me too... I will love to keep it on all year round soon. (need truck to work now)... I have a thin 600 pound slab of cement in the back to keep the alignment true (with camper out) as well as snow traction. The truck handles better with weight in snow!

We joined the fun with a version of the sloppy winter mess this weekend- lots of snow, rain, sleet and wind. But we missed the worst of it. Duluth on Lake Superior north of us got blasted with 22 inches of the white stuff.

Its mostly bypassed me. Ground is so dry there is little runoff. No way am I going to try and play in the snow now. Too many crazy drivers out there.

Rain and big wind here with 20% of the corn still in the fields. Farmers are getting it handed to them this year. It’s been a total train wreck for those guys all year. Warm temps this week means more mud for them to deal with. We need some freezing temps to tighten the ground.

When I walked out of my motel room in Durango, CO, this morning I saw some clumpy white stuff on my truck windshield . It was cold and wet, so I guess it's winter.

IMG_20191205_090713.jpg

Big storm on the way. I guess I should wait until the chain controls go up and head on up to play in the snow!

I know it's winter when the boys start showing up around here.

Attachments

• buck'19 - 1 (1).jpg
    buck'19 - 1 (1).jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 83
Ronin said:
I know it's winter when the boys start showing up around here.
We were returning from our early morning walk today and found a nice four point in our yard. On his way to lower country.

We know it's winter here when the heavy equipment shows up to clear the storm drains and gifts from the north pacific begin to arrive...
full

Winter Storm Warning
Code:
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Sacramento CA
540 AM PST Fri Dec 6 2019

...Hazardous Sierra Travel this Evening and through the
Weekend...

.A strong winter storm is expected to impact Northern California
beginning late Friday and through the weekend. Snow will become
heavy over the Sierra Friday evening and will continue at times
through Saturday and into early Sunday morning. Snow combined
with strong winds could significantly reduce visibility. Mountain
travel will be hazardous and is not advised. If travel is
necessary, carry chains and expect lengthy delays. Snow will
decrease Sunday night with dry weather on Monday.

CAZ068-069-070000-
/O.CON.KSTO.WS.W.0019.191207T0000Z-191208T2100Z/
Western Plumas County/Lassen Park-
West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada-
540 AM PST Fri Dec 6 2019

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM THIS
AFTERNOON TO 1 PM PST SUNDAY ABOVE 5500 FEET...

* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Travel will be very difficult to
  impossible. Damage to trees and power lines is possible. Total
  snow accumulations of 1 to 3 feet, with locally higher amounts
  exceeding 4 feet, possible.

* WHERE...Western Plumas County/Lassen Park and West Slope
  Northern Sierra Nevada.

* WHEN...4 PM today to 1 PM Sunday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Be prepared for significant reductions in
  visibility at times.

Winter solstice 2019 in Northern Hemisphere will be at 8:19 PM on

Saturday, December 21

All times are in Pacific Standard Time.

Our pagan holiday celebration is coming! Let the darkness recede!

:)

Back
Top Bottom