Well happy winter everyone

ski3pin said:
Winter solstice 2019 in Northern Hemisphere will be at 8:19 PM on

Saturday, December 21

All times are in Pacific Standard Time.

Our pagan holiday celebration is coming! Let the darkness recede!

:)
The solstice is almost here, we can feel it! How about you? :)

Well it's time to party,the gang is ready.
Happy winter.
Frank

IMG_4421.jpg

It was VERY windy, out of the south to SSE, for my drive from Bend to Redding today. Glad I was driving my low little car instead of the tall truck-with-camper.

Solstice sweethearts... In my yard this morning. (fone fotos)

IMG_20191221_162147.jpg

IMG_20191221_162446.jpg

Mr Buck says to me, “Get outta here, dude, she's skittish enough without you spooking her!"

We had a Hilltown bonfire and potluck at a nearby farm. A good excuse too burn all the shred-able paper too!

It's snowing and blowing big flake-conglomerates here in Bend... conglomerates because it's 37°F and wet flakes stick together. Blowing hard enough that trees are swaying.

It has been warm and mostly dry here with small storms brushing by. Thursday evening gave us a foot of snow. The snow pack at the pass levels look low for the season.

"Winter storms double snowpack"

The snowpack in the Upper Deschutes basin had reached 86% of normal as of Friday according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Natural Resources Conservation Service.

At the start of January, the region’s snowpack was just 42% of normal. The statewide snowpack was 45% of normal on Jan. 1 and is at 94% of normal [as of Jan 17].
By MICHAEL KOHN The Bulletin
Jan 18, 2020
It's still just mid-winter. Who knows how the season will turn out by its end...?

ski3pin said:
It has been warm and mostly dry here with small storms brushing by. Thursday evening gave us a foot of snow. The snow pack at the pass levels look low for the season.
With only a few weeks of winter remaining, we still have not had the need to put the winter tires on the Lady's car.

Back
Top Bottom